NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1965 Barracuda SS Project

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1965 Barracuda SS Project
    Posted: July-15-2014 at 1:31am
Posting for a friend that needs to sell his 'cuda project.

Complete boat with 318 Chrysler Poly. (currently not in boat) SS console and shifters included. Has a good original style steering wheel. Will need stringer work. Mahogany gel has crazing/cracking. Trailer has new tires.

Located in NW IL..

Asking $1650.00

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2014 at 1:42am
time to bump the post...
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
mustanger64 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mustanger64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2014 at 1:52pm
Is parting out an option? I would buy the engine cover/hood, steering wheel, if original, ski pilon, windshield and horn if available.
skyfuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skyfuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2014 at 1:29am
I'm willing to buy the ski pylon if available.
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=7613&sort=&pagenum=1
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2014 at 9:48am
That pylon is the older style and not right for your boat. You should have a cup in bilge where that one needs a clevis.
wwchevy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wwchevy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2014 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

Posting for a friend that needs to sell his 'cuda project.
Complete boat with 318 Chrysler Poly.

Ah, yes- an engine in the living room....SWEET
wwchevy
1989 Barefoot Nautique
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2014 at 3:58pm
Look closer,I think that's his garage,even better!
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2014 at 1:15am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Look closer,I think that's his garage,even better!

Gary,
Actually its his airplane hanger.   
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Cuda 67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cuda 67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2014 at 3:47pm
Is this being parted at all? I would be interested in the exhaust manifolds.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2014 at 12:34am
I will check on it, but I believe this cuda just sold.

I have a poly powered 66 cuda I have been thinking of selling / parting out, but not sure yet. Even if I do part it, not sure I would want to split the manifolds from the engine.
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Cuda 67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cuda 67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2014 at 1:05am
Understood, if you happen to run across them somewhere, let me know
illiniball2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illiniball2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2014 at 10:49am
I might have what you a set. I have a 71 Baracuda that purchased mainly for the trailer. The guy said it had a
318 in it but the heads were bad. They said the manifolds were fairly new. They are laying in the boat. I don't have it at my house and it is 4 hrs away. I will be down there in a couple weeks. I could take some pictures to see if they look correct if you want.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2014 at 11:07am
Brian,
Being a 71, I'm guessing your 318 is an "LA" motor, not the poly 318. I'm not a Chrysler guru, but I'm guessing they are different manifolds.

btw,Was that the "Ebay boat" in the Quad Cities?... have you picked the boat up yet? I think its the same guy I had been talking to about buying it before you bid on it.
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Cuda 67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cuda 67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2014 at 1:55pm
I saw the post reply that it would probably be the wrong motor which is most likely correct, but... I would still like to see the pics, you never know. Appreciate the response. thnx
illiniball2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illiniball2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2014 at 8:25pm
I will shoot a few pics possibly next weekend.

Yes it's the boat off eBay from quad cities. I wanted mainly the trailer but also was going to try and keep anything that will work on my 67.
I think he said it was a Lh rotation. I'm new to all of this so just going by what he said. The engine doesn't have heads on it. But it isn't locked up.
I've been traveling so haven't had time to get to the farm where it's stashed.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2014 at 9:43pm
Talked to the cuda owner this afternoon...boat is sold.
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic