Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

OJ Propeller 13.7x17 75.00 obo shipped

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
workky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote workky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OJ Propeller 13.7x17 75.00 obo shipped
    Posted: June-08-2013 at 7:28pm
OJ propeller, came of my 1995 correct craft super sport nautique
13.7x17 I think its factory, no longer for sale shipped
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2013 at 8:13pm
NG,
"reworked" is an understatement! The 4 blade being dated due to modern CNC machined 3 blades your old 4 blade is probably worth more in scrap value that what you will be able to get from a member. Considering the damage to the prop which looks pretty extensive, have you gotten a rework cost? If so that MUST be deducted from your asking price. Scrap it! Sorry!

What the H did you run into?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2013 at 8:53pm
NG,
You were on site this afternoon. Any comments about my post?? We do have "newbees" that come on site and I sure would hate to see them being misdirected by you selling a prop that's basically an outdated item . Again, sorry.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2013 at 10:30pm
Pete, you said this on the listing false adds thread.

Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Originally posted by peter1234 peter1234 wrote:

have to agree with alan on that one if you think it is advertised inaccurately private message the person . I do it all the time on craigslist and ebay. sometimes I even get a thank you and later find the ad corrected.

Plus 1 on Alan's statement.

I too have emailed or PM'd with suggestions and or corrections. 99% of the time the seller is thankful.

What happened?

For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Florida Inboards View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Florida Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2013 at 11:29pm
Scrap it! Or make Man room wall art!
Money Talks! BS Walks! and loose change rides the bus!!!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2013 at 7:09am
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

Dave,
I did PM him and so far no response!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2013 at 8:30am
It's an honest ad - the seller can ask a million $ if he wants, that's free market capitalism at base level.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2013 at 10:10am

Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

Dave,
I did PM him and so far no response!

Pete, You know your have my respect and admiration, but in this case the seller likely got your PM, so you said your piece. Why the need to go public? In the other thread this is exactly what many of us including yourself agreed was a bad idea. If people start listing on Craigslist instead of here to avoid the added scrutiny, the site looses income, and we all loose opportunity. I think the seller represented what he had very clearly, that being the case it is up to the buyer to determined its potential value.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2013 at 8:54pm
Dave and Chris,
Thank's for pulling me back in line. Yes, you guys are correct that I went overboard on this one. My mindset was to protect the "newbee" from getting into a situation.

BTW, hopefully you did notice Jody's comment!   

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2013 at 9:25pm

Pete, I did see that one, I did not mean to pick on you exclusively, I just saw it as piling on. I was not questioning the accuracy of your opinion, only that it was unsolicited. My first thought when I read it was that if I was the seller I would not be real happy. Sometimes the only way to find out if something has worth put it out there as see. I don't think $75 including shipping is a horrible starting price if someone thought it could be of use. I love my ACME 540 but cannot afford 2 of them so I will bring my nicked up old federal to Green Lake just to get me through the weekend if disaster strikes(knock on wood). Besides, it's original!
1987 Ski Nautique

Florida Inboards View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Florida Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2013 at 9:49am

I am serious! Have sent many props in for re-con in that condition the last few years with each one coming back as un-repairable! when they get in that condition they are not worth repairing... How many do ya want? I have a few laying around.

By the way I utilize General Propeller in Bradenton Fl for all my propeller repair!

Sorry to in form the new guy and any new members that the part is not worth much more then scrap but better to help them along here then watch them loose money down the road!
Money Talks! BS Walks! and loose change rides the bus!!!
workky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote workky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2013 at 4:51pm
Sorry for the add
It came off the boat that way, im not sure what the previous owner hit. I did not know it could not be reworked, I appreciate the professionals letting me know it could not be reworked. I also appreciate all the PM's I have received to respond to this post, Thank you
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic