NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wish List

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wish List
    Posted: February-04-2006 at 3:24pm
I picked up my boat today. '79 SN. It is in really good shape for its age. There's not a whole lot for me to do except add water and start enjoying. I did question the PO about what his to do list was for the boat. He stated that he would have the carb rebuilt, replace the points with electronic ignition, and the one the surprised me we to change the thermostat to allow it to run at 160 degrees, instead of the normal 140 degrees (I think he told me normal is 140). I did not here the boat run because it is winterized, but I do take this guy on his word. He said that he usually pumps the throtle three times and has to let it warm up for a minute. After that its ready to go. Any opinions.
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2006 at 3:33pm
160 is best for fresh water, 143 is for salt water.

If the throttle and steering cables are original, I'd replace them too.

"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2006 at 5:58pm
GottaSki, any way to easily identify if they are original or not. Didn't get that info. from po.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2006 at 7:43am
You can tell on the stirring cable buy how stiff it is when you drive it. If you can let go of the wheel and it still goes straight replace it before it breaks. Then again you can replace them now and not worry about them also.
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2006 at 2:35pm
By the way, is there any regular maintenance to be done on steering cables?
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic