Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

"new" CC for $5,900..e-bay scam?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
mackwrench View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mackwrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "new" CC for $5,900..e-bay scam?
    Posted: January-30-2006 at 1:36pm
Check this out, $5,900 buy it now for a 2005 CC
I have heard this is a scam to get your e-mail and or e-bay info and the boat does'nt exist. A freind of mine thought he was buying a "NEW" pick up, but never got a response back....

http://cgi.ebay.com/2005-Correct-Craft-Ski-Nautique-206_W0QQitemZ7215481786QQcategoryZ71175QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
NO LONGER A MEMBER
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2006 at 1:41pm
That is a confirmed scam on Ebay. I would not attempt to contact these people by email or through ebay. These scammers are good at avoiding communications and will change ebay ID's frequently. BEWARE and STAY AWAY......
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2006 at 1:44pm
Yes, Scam.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2006 at 3:13pm
No way...I just picked the boat up! Ya snooze ya lose!
I will have it on the diaries in a few days!

stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

Luke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2006 at 3:53pm
Thats defidentally a scam
74 Ski Nautique
82tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2006 at 4:13pm
Send 'em a check and find out.
Life is Good.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2006 at 4:44pm
Stang72: one face plant to many dude. Now back away from the computer and you'll feel better later.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2006 at 5:32pm
Stang72.....That's awesome....I get to buy it next week.
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2006 at 5:33pm
Ok....I am as full of crap as the scam artist!
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

Bill336 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill336 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2006 at 9:39am
I made the mistake of contacting someone on craigslist that was offering a 98 mastercraft prostar for 5500. The email I got back was that the boat was in Rochester NY and he would like to use an escrow service to complete the transaction. He advertised it in the Detroit site, but not any that were actually near Rochester.

So I emailed back that I had a friend in the area who would check it out for me, and that instead of an escrow service, I could just meet at the boat and trade cash for the boat and t*tle.

Suprisingly, I haven't heard anything bakd from them...

Oh, I got another ebay scam last week. I had bid on an old Jeep and lost. Shortly after, I got a message from someone with a second chance offer at my price since the winner fell through on the deal. They said to reply only to an email address, not ebay messages. I did reply, but also sent an ebay message. So, the guy I replied to via ebay came back with "What the hell are you talking about". His account got hijacked and the scammer was using it to send messages to people. I went back to the original message I had received that looked just like it came from ebay. It had links to "ebay" and the jeep, but every link in the email went to a fake site that would ask you to log in - ebay user and password, and the url address was not ebay.com. I never tried to log in, but forwarded all of it to ebay security. F'n scammers...
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2006 at 11:37am
Bill336,

I get a bogus second chance offer on almost every bid I lose. Heck I even got one on a bid I won. Then you'll get the bogus Paypal crap that you need to verify your password.

I also get the guy in Nigeria that wants to buy 5000 t shirts from me and will pay any price as long as I ship overnite and bill his credit card. Yup, I'll get right on it.

Watch your back, don't be a sucker for these scum bags.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic