Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Commander Manifold

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Gregory View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gregory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Commander Manifold
    Posted: January-19-2006 at 10:23pm
I purchased a 1984 natique in great condition,However the pipes that go from the back of the commander manifolds and drop down to the rubber exhaust tubes are missing.(stolen) Im not sure what this part is called or if I can even get one. Any suggestions? I was offered a set of PCMs complete for $400.00
I was told I have a Ford 351. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2006 at 6:51am
Check with www.skidim.com. (their phone number is listed at their site. Call them) They may have what you need, but can certainly tell you what you need and maybe other ways to go about getting them, if they don't have them.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2006 at 11:43am
I would keep the commander manifolds if they are aluminum. What is missing are the risers it sounds like. You can pick them up on
www.glen-l.com or e-bay sometimes. Someone here may have an extra set as well they would be willing to sell to you.
jimbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2006 at 8:49pm
I have an '84 with the Commander engine. Mine doesn't have a riser. The aluminuim manifold attaches directly to the exhaust hose. I'll try to take a picture tomorrow and post it. I guess the angle of the manifold won't let water back up into the engine.
jimbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2006 at 9:12pm
There's a picture of an '84 Commander engine in the diaries section (third one down). I that how yours looks? Are you talking about that small elbow?
Gregory View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gregory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2006 at 9:29pm
Thanx Jimbo
Not sure which engine you are looking at. The "elbo" that is missing bolts onto the back of the manifold. 3 bolt holes. 90s down to the rubber exhaust hoses. A picture would be great.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2006 at 8:05am
www.glen-l.com as both styles and several others. You'll find new part that you need there. .02
Gregory View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gregory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2006 at 2:42pm
Thanks for the help. After talking to a few folks I have decided to just go with new PCM.I can get the whole 9 yards for $500.00
and I was told the switch over is simple. If anyone has an interest in the commanders let me know. Greg
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2006 at 5:01pm
Gregory: I might be interested in the Commanders. Could you post a pic? Where would we be shipping them from? Yhanks

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2006 at 5:09pm
79:Thanks for the tip on glen I.com. Nice site, never had heard of them.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Gregory View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gregory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2006 at 10:03pm
jbear. I will attempt . I am in Sacramento Ca. It might be a while as it is to cold and wet here to do a much. Remember..There are NO elbos. That was the original issue. Let me know. Ill work with you. If you have access to elbos you will be in good shape.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2006 at 6:41am
Gregory where are you getting your pcm manifolds from that price seems a little high.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2006 at 8:48am
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

Gregory where are you getting your pcm manifolds from that price seems a little high.

For the set of manifolds and risers, that price seems correct. SkiDIM lists these parts at $180 and $100 per side.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2006 at 9:34am
J.A.Chamberlien has them for a little less than that but they are still around 500 for everything, 158, 86 per side
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2006 at 7:46pm
Greg: E-mail me. Address is in my profile. That way we can talk and not clutter up this post. I am willing to wait awhile. No hurry here with anything. Takin' it nice and slow. Retired!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic