NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Parting out 1979 Southwind Bowrider

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
gringrit View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gringrit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2013 at 12:02am
Here's a shot of the teak wood piece for the bow thats for sale. I refinished it.Make me an offer.

74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2013 at 12:10am
Originally posted by Tonali_III Tonali_III wrote:

Can you post pics of the gunwale sides? Do you know if a bow rider gunwale sides will fit a closed bow?

I doubt it, the dimensions are completely different as the windshield is much further back on open-bow than closed-bow.
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
gringrit View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gringrit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2013 at 12:24am
I'll post pictures of the sides tomorrow by noon.
Tonali_III View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tonali_III Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2013 at 12:25am
I was afraid of that. I noticed a pretty big difference between the closed and open bow cockpit sizes on some of the pics in the "Diaries" section.
1974 Southwind 20
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6752" rel="nofollow">1972 Mustan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tonali_III Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2013 at 12:26am
Originally posted by gringrit gringrit wrote:

Here's a shot of the teak wood piece for the bow thats for sale. I refinished it.Make me an offer.

Sorry, This looks all wrong from what I need.

Thanks,

Tony
1974 Southwind 20
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6752" rel="nofollow">1972 Mustan
gringrit View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gringrit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2013 at 12:31am
You never responsed to my pm about the swim platform. Let me know if you want it please.
gringrit View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gringrit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2013 at 12:35am
That last picture is of the bow piece, not the gunwale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tonali_III Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2013 at 12:41am
What I am thinking of has narrow strips about 3/8 wide that set in chromed pieces.

Check out this:
Jeff's boat

See the bow? These are the strips I am thinking of.

I am interested in the Swim platform, but this past weekend trip to Wilmington, NC put a BIG ding in funds.
1974 Southwind 20
gringrit View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gringrit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2013 at 12:46am
....good grief

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tonali_III Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2013 at 12:52am
Oh it was an adventure> And it isn't over. My truck loaded with parts including my prized Chrysler M440B is stuck in Knoxville, TN with a spun timing gear. Ever hear of a straight six taking out a timing gear? First one (Ford or Chevy) for me. Hear about it frequently with chain drive timing sets, rarely with gear drive.
1974 Southwind 20
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2013 at 9:14am

Here's a shot of the teak wood piece for the bow thats for sale. I refinished it.

Did you varnish or poly the Teak???

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
gringrit View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gringrit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2013 at 9:48am
Awl grip, 5 coats
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2013 at 9:56am

Awl grip, 5 coats

Mark,
I feel you have made a mistake with a clear coat on Teak. Others have done the same and regretted it later. The reason there are many Teak oils on the market is Teak is such an oily wood that it needs to breath. Clear coats will peel off.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
gringrit View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gringrit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2013 at 9:59am
Right, but it sure does look good for a couple of years. I had the awl grip laying around and said "what the heck"
gringrit View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gringrit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2013 at 1:10pm
Swim Platform and Ski Pylon are sold.

I still have various odds and ends, including:

Interior Foam - all for $20

Stainless Rubrail - good shape, no dings - $100

Hatches - teak - all for $50

Windshield - disassembled and ready to ship - $100

Gauges - no hour meter - $50 for all

Bimini frame - $20

Got Tiques View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Got Tiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2013 at 1:16pm
Mark,

I'll buy all the gauges. Send me a PM and we can trade addresses, payment and shipping cost details.

Thanks, Todd
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic