Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Trailer Help

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
1984nautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1984nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trailer Help
    Posted: August-02-2012 at 1:01am
I have a model 3 correct craft trailer for my 83 SN. I am moving from KS to MI and want to redo the whole axel hubs etc on the trailer before the long drive. Does anyone have the spec for these parts and maybe a website that sells them? Any help would be greatful.
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2012 at 10:33am
E Trailer or Champion trailers will have everything you need. Not sure what you men by redo - on my trailer the hubs are integral with the drums. The drums can be turned if the brakes surfaces are out of round (unlikely).   If you change bearings, change the races too. New seals are a must.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2012 at 11:26am
'83 was a split year for CC trailers, so you'll have to be a bit more specific on which one you have. Some boats got the earlier #3 (5-lug hubs) and some got the later/delux #3 (6-lug hubs, diamond plate steps, prop guard, etc). Post a picture if you can.

Either way, its unlikely that your trailer has brakes. Most parts are pretty standard, with the exception of the springs (the length is not common). I would pull your hubs off and see how the spindles look. If nothing is bent or worn, I dont see a need to replace the axle. Hubs (and bearings of course), springs and tires are all a good idea, though.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1984nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2012 at 2:02pm
It's the early 5 lug hubs no brakes. I am currently deployed so I was going to try and order the parts online so I have them there ready when I get back. I'm trying to see if someone has replaced the springs, hubs, and knows where to order good replacements and the numbers. Also what is the recommended rim and tire size. Thanks for the help so far.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1984nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2012 at 7:04pm
Bump.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2012 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by 1984nautique 1984nautique wrote:

Bump.

Why the bump? Didn't Tim answer correctly?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1984nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2012 at 10:19pm
I don't have access to the trailer since I am deployed. I am trying to get part numbers so I can have the parts waiting for when I get back.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1984nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2012 at 8:46pm
I am looking at replacing the springs. I measured them from eye to eye and I got 32 inches... Is this correct? Also here of some photos of the condition they are in.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2012 at 10:10pm
Aj,
Something just doesn't look correct with the old springs. Was it re sprung at one time? 7 leaf springs? What's the rectangular tube on the top of the axle?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2012 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

'83 was a split year for CC trailers, so you'll have to be a bit more specific on which one you have. Some boats got the earlier #3 (5-lug hubs) and some got the later/delux #3 (6-lug hubs, diamond plate steps, prop guard, etc). Post a picture if you can.

Either way, its unlikely that your trailer has brakes. Most parts are pretty standard, with the exception of the springs (the length is not common). I would pull your hubs off and see how the spindles look. If nothing is bent or worn, I dont see a need to replace the axle. Hubs (and bearings of course), springs and tires are all a good idea, though.

Tim,
You trip me out! I mean really, who knows this?

BTW, thanks for knowing it. It's what makes you an excellent resource to the site.

Further thought....Seriously, how many people know that 83 was a "split" year for CC trailers? It's excellent that you know that
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1984nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2012 at 11:12pm
That square tube is the axel. Assuming replacent PO did. I will try to upload a photos so you can see the axel setup if you'd like.
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2012 at 12:51am

That square tube is the axel. Assuming replacent PO did. I will try to upload a photos so you can see the axel setup if you'd like.

Square axle fairly common, seen a bunch and I've got one.
Springs aside...it may be only surface rust but I had it on mine...an afternoon with a wire brush and a few cans of rustoleum can will make it brandish new........
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2012 at 12:53am
Originally posted by 74Wind 74Wind wrote:

Springs aside...it may be only surface rust but I had it on mine...an afternoon with a wire brush and a few cans of rustoleum can will make it brandish new........

P.S. i agree with Pete. 7 leaf springs oughta support the Queen Mary.
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1984nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2012 at 1:29am
Originally posted by 74Wind 74Wind wrote:

Right now I am just going for functionality and that they will last on my 700+ mile trip to Michigan. My concern is that they appear to have flattened out. And one of the hangers on the opposite side is bent. I need to replace the bushing but since I was doing that much I was thinking about just getting new springs.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic