Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Interior Suggestions for ’79 SN

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
AWhite70 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AWhite70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Interior Suggestions for ’79 SN
    Posted: November-11-2005 at 1:16pm
I'm contemplating redoing the interior in my '79. I don't think I want to use the same original orange vinyl.

Any suggestions on color combinations. You can see pictures of the boat from the link in my signature
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2005 at 1:30pm
Hard to tell by the photo but looks like your hull stripe is orange with an outside border color. I would suggest an offwhite to match the hull for the main color with an orange 6" stripe down the middle bordered on each side by about a 2" stripe of the color that borders the orange stripe on the hull.

With that said the solid orange is so Classic Correct Craft that I'd hate to see you change it. Guess I'm not much help. The first nautique I ever skied behind was a 78 in the same colors as yours.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2005 at 6:48pm
I agree with 81. Not my favorite color interior, but it looks right with that boat.

Also agreeif you decide to change it, an off white or silvercloud base, with a rust colored stripe similar to the lettering, outlined by whatever colors your letter are outlined. Check out JBear's 80. I like the stripe pattern in that boat.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2005 at 9:52pm
Thanks for the compliment. But I agree with 81; that solid orange is just soooo cool. Just says "classic". My .02 worth......john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2005 at 11:19pm
I am also trying to pick an interior...my hull is salem orange.

Check out...WWW.myautointerior.com
The carbon fiber vinyl is real cool...I am leaning to a light silver with orange accents.
Also Gary's upholstery has some good choices!

Midwest correct craft Quoted me...a little over $800.00 for new skins and foam...not sure what vinyls they would offer...they do do any pleated though.
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

ultrarunner View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2005 at 3:07pm
AWhite, since you are not planning on changing the hull colors, I think you need to use the same color in the interior. If not, you're gonna clash, and you remember what mamma says about that.

If it were me, I'd use the orange sparingling on the seats. Use a neutral white color, as others have mentioned, and maybe some touches of the orange in the seats, such as the inserts, piping along the edges of the cushions, etc...

This will compliment the overall color of the boat and give it a modern appearance, while still keeping with the retro-colors that were used at the time.

Give us an update.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic