NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wanted - Engine and tranny

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
jmesser View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmesser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wanted - Engine and tranny
    Posted: March-20-2004 at 4:27am
Looking to buy an engine and tranny (prefer small block and 1:1 velvet drive) to put into a Correct Craft. Anyone have any info on salvaged boats or decent engine tranny combo's ready to drop in and go? Would consider buying whole boat for the purpose of a swap out.
Johnnie Messer
Rick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2004 at 4:44am
What year are you looking at I have about 100 hours on my 66/72 Mustang Here it is
neinlives View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neinlives Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2004 at 5:16pm
I have a 1957 Correct Craft Atom Skier on a trailer. Engine is Interceptor 256 CI V-8, inboard, 135 HP, w/transmission (probably Eaton). Top Speed 47-52 MPH. Engine serial number A7R-18903, right-hand rotation. This is a Ford Y-block, smallest of series 256, 272, 292, 312. No modifications from original. Needs water pump impellers. Approx 100 hrs since ring replacement (Ford design caused problem), 750 hrs total. Balanced, tri-metal bearings, 8 qt. sump, windage tray. Smoothest V-8 I've ever seen. All running gear is in good shape. Hull needs transom & top deck work, otherwise solid. Trailer hauled MI to CO recently. Owned since 1978.
Doug
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2004 at 12:32am
Johnnie,
Check on e-bay (marine engine) from time to time as well as boattraderonline.com in their engines and parts section. I've seen a handfull over the past year(s), and even bought one very recently.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

jmesser View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmesser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2004 at 7:19pm
Rick,
If you were any closer (I'm in Key West) I would be very interested. Your CC is beautiful. But to be honest San Diego is quite haul for me right now. I would love to see some pics of the engine if you get a chance.

Doug,
Thanks for the responce. I think I am going to hold out for 350/351 cubes or better. I'm putting this into a Fish Nautique so i need a bit more torque. Thanks.

Reid,
Yep, looking daily. I'll run across the perfect match soon.
Johnnie Messer
ravinmad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ravinmad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2004 at 1:13am
Originally posted by jmesser jmesser wrote:

Looking to buy an engine and tranny (prefer small block and 1:1 velvet drive) to put into a Correct Craft. Anyone have any info on salvaged boats or decent engine tranny combo's ready to drop in and go? Would consider buying whole boat for the purpose of a swap out.
The best boats of the century
ravinmad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ravinmad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2004 at 1:15am
I have a 1958 Nash Rambler(americanMotors) 327 from a old CC with velvet drive tran rated at 225 HP
The best boats of the century
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic