Forum Name: Boat Parts Wanted
Forum Discription: Parts wanted only
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=237
Printed Date: June-13-2024 at 5:31am

Topic: Wanted - Engine and tranny
Posted By: jmesser
Subject: Wanted - Engine and tranny
Date Posted: March-20-2004 at 4:27am
Looking to buy an engine and tranny (prefer small block and 1:1 velvet drive) to put into a Correct Craft. Anyone have any info on salvaged boats or decent engine tranny combo's ready to drop in and go? Would consider buying whole boat for the purpose of a swap out.

-------------
Johnnie Messer

Replies:
Posted By: Rick
Date Posted: March-20-2004 at 4:44am
What year are you looking at I have about 100 hours on my 66/72 Mustang http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=242&yrstart=1925&yrend=1970 - Here it is

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=250&yrstart=1996&yrend=2000%20" rel="nofollow - 2000 Ski

Posted By: neinlives
Date Posted: March-26-2004 at 5:16pm
I have a 1957 Correct Craft Atom Skier on a trailer. Engine is Interceptor 256 CI V-8, inboard, 135 HP, w/transmission (probably Eaton). Top Speed 47-52 MPH. Engine serial number A7R-18903, right-hand rotation. This is a Ford Y-block, smallest of series 256, 272, 292, 312. No modifications from original. Needs water pump impellers. Approx 100 hrs since ring replacement (Ford design caused problem), 750 hrs total. Balanced, tri-metal bearings, 8 qt. sump, windage tray. Smoothest V-8 I've ever seen. All running gear is in good shape. Hull needs transom & top deck work, otherwise solid. Trailer hauled MI to CO recently. Owned since 1978.

-------------
Doug

Posted By: reidp
Date Posted: March-27-2004 at 12:32am
Johnnie,
Check on e-bay (marine engine) from time to time as well as boattraderonline.com in their engines and parts section. I've seen a handfull over the past year(s), and even bought one very recently.

-------------
ReidP
/diaries/details.asp?ID=231&yrstart=1971&yrend=1975 - 1973 Mustang

Posted By: jmesser
Date Posted: March-29-2004 at 7:19pm
Rick,
If you were any closer (I'm in Key West) I would be very interested. Your CC is beautiful. But to be honest San Diego is quite haul for me right now. I would love to see some pics of the engine if you get a chance.

Doug,
Thanks for the responce. I think I am going to hold out for 350/351 cubes or better. I'm putting this into a Fish Nautique so i need a bit more torque. Thanks.

Reid,
Yep, looking daily. I'll run across the perfect match soon.

-------------
Johnnie Messer

Posted By: ravinmad
Date Posted: April-24-2004 at 1:13am
Originally posted by jmesser jmesser wrote:

Looking to buy an engine and tranny (prefer small block and 1:1 velvet drive) to put into a Correct Craft. Anyone have any info on salvaged boats or decent engine tranny combo's ready to drop in and go? Would consider buying whole boat for the purpose of a swap out.

-------------
The best boats of the century

Posted By: ravinmad
Date Posted: April-24-2004 at 1:15am
I have a 1958 Nash Rambler(americanMotors) 327 from a old CC with velvet drive tran rated at 225 HP

-------------
The best boats of the century

Print Page | Close Window