Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

'84 nautique 351 wiring issue

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
nicholasapp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicholasapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: '84 nautique 351 wiring issue
    Posted: June-24-2010 at 8:04pm
so when i wired my motor back together i screwed up somewhere. can anyone help. my key turns my motor on perfect. i go to turn it off, all the power turns off but the motor stays running. there are 4 wires on my coil. 2 on the positive side 2 on the negative. when its connected. the coil is burning hot. help
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2010 at 8:48pm
Nick,
Didn't the wiring diagram I linked for you in this thread Help? Did you look at it and compare it to your wiring?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
nicholasapp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicholasapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2010 at 3:07am
thanks. i knew it was going to be a really stupid mistake. which it was. like an idiot when i put my battery cable back on my solenoid, the wire was in contact with another wire going to the coil. so dumb. so i fixed it and it works great. cant wait to go wakeboarding. thanks for your help
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2010 at 9:59am
Nick,
Happy boating and we're glad you found the problem.

What about pictures? A diary entry? Come on, we want to see the boat!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic