NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

packing size??

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
xjglen View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xjglen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: packing size??
    Posted: January-14-2009 at 2:31pm
I plan on replacing the packing(goretex) in both the rudder and the drive shaft. What size packing do I need for both, and do I need to remove the gas tank to get to the rudder?
92, 196.
93 Ski Nautique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2009 at 4:00pm
You wont have to remove the gas tank. Its anyones guess on what size packing CC used in any particular year, so you might want to measure whats in there first, or stock up on both 3/16" and 1/4". My '90 took 3/16" in both, but I couldnt tell you if yours is the same.
xjglen View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xjglen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2009 at 4:59pm
Has anyone tried this stuff --Graphtex Ultra (GTU)--?? It looks the same as the stuff that skidim carries. My local suplier has this but can't tell me if it's dripless. Should I take the chance???
http://wptinc.net/wpt_products.html
93 Ski Nautique
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2009 at 6:53pm
Glen, I'd shy away from the industrial packing materials. It may or may not work. They are very use specific. IE: rotating or linear movement and very FPM specific. Stick with the Skidim stuff. Not expensive and we know it is designed to do the job. Great product!! Remember that any packing isn't "dripless" - just almost!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
xjglen View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xjglen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2009 at 11:28pm
Alright I'll go with the SkiDim stuff.
Thanks for the help.
93 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic