Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

It’s a damn shame!

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
nautiless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: It’s a damn shame!
    Posted: December-31-2008 at 2:41pm
Hi There:

I know if read a thread on the site on nasty looking boats. What i have found is a damn shame! The worst part is this bloke did this to a nautique.
Apparently leaving the country. He better! See the link below.

http://johannesburg.gumtree.co.za/c-Boats-Jet-Skis-boats-jet-skis-VERY-URGENT-RELOCATING-TO-NAMIBIA-SKI-NAUTIQUE-R38-000-W0QQAdIdZ92883689
1982 SN 2001 RIP (Resto in Progress)

Don's Diary

Terp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2008 at 3:22pm
Johannesburg SN

Among other things...the seven piece windshield is intriguing.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2008 at 3:28pm
This link should work. BKH

South African "shame"
Livin' the Dream

bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2008 at 3:30pm
Looks like Terp beat me to it. Not my taste, but when I think about how hard it is to find boats in South Africa, that this boat was probably badly beaten when the guy got it - then I kind of understand him throwing it together, to his liking and getting out on the water.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

nautiless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2008 at 4:10pm
Yep. Agreed...perhaps i shouldn't be so harsh. I'm sure he has a jol with it.
1982 SN 2001 RIP (Resto in Progress)

Don's Diary

adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2008 at 8:47pm

There's been some "questionable" graphics posted this year to say the least, but I think this "South African shame" has reached new heights, or should I say a new LOW?!?!

Entry 1: (Honorable Mention)

Entry 2:

Entry 3:

Entry 4:

Entry 5:

Entry 6:

...And the Grand Prize Winner/Loser:

-Adam

1973 Skier
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2009 at 1:53am
Nice group of pictures Adam...the hall of shame.

Looks like you are doing the same as us for the New Year. Tami working?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
farmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2009 at 1:22pm

I may get blasted for this but I think you guys are looking at these boats the wrong way.There is nothing done to any of these boats that can't be undone.The important thing is that they are being preserved and enjoyed.Would you rather see them rotting in someone's back yard? They are not done to my taste but they aren't being cut up and junked either.
Watch your fingers.

Behl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Behl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2009 at 1:34pm
At least I didn't see my Tique in the group!!

HAPPY NEW YEARS TO EVERYONE

Steve

Steve in Indy

Redone 1977 Ski Tique
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2009 at 2:08pm
Batman and Spiderman are covered. Anyone want to go with an "Ironman" or "Dare Devil" theme? Maybe BJ with his new stringer job could paint the outside, "The Incredible Hull."

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2009 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by Behl Behl wrote:

At least I didn't see my Tique in the group!!

Steve

Steve, your boat looks great, but we can put you in the running for the 2009 list if you really insist!!!

There's a difference between tasteful "non-original" restoration and what these characters have done!!! Sure, to each, his own, but you got to admit, some of these cross the line. Like the thread name says, it's a damn shame.

-Adam

1973 Skier
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2009 at 12:33am
Well Farmer it's hard for me to say on that one. Those boats are hideous. I don't want to see our boats rot, but man those are bad. I think maybe on a couple of them I'd rather see them head to the graveyard.

Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
Terp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2009 at 3:09am
Yeah, something to be said for dying a respectable death.
Think they look like crap now? Wait till that permanent drydock in the backyard.

gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2009 at 10:42pm
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2009 at 7:55am
Adam,
You forgot my favorite!! Guys, keep in mind this is a wood hull!!
58 Atom

Gary,
This one would be a tough one to "undo"!! Looks like someone bought it. I wonder what the plans are to do with it?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2009 at 9:22am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Adam,
You forgot my favorite!! Guys, keep in mind this is a wood hull!!
58 Atom

Gary,
This one would be a tough one to "undo"!! Looks like someone bought it. I wonder what the plans are to do with it?

OMG, that "thing" is a disaster...
Yeah, Pete, that looks like quite a job to undo that... Not something to get done in just one winter season...
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2009 at 6:59pm
Ya Pete, knowing that is a wood hull is what takes the cake. That guy obviously never ran across your signature line.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2009 at 8:08pm
When I was first looking for a BFN, I stumbled across this on in the diaries and thought it was cool. At least these boats aren't treated like those parachute pullers. I feel to each his own, sort of.
French BFN
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

farmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2009 at 9:30pm

Pete.I agree the Atom is a disaster.But the other boats are restorable.The problem has been mentioned before.There are a lot of classic boats that are still within reach of the average guy.And nothing says he or she will be someone who is interested in preserving these boats as classics.To them they are just a way to get on the water and have some fun at a reasonable price.The good thing is they are being used until one of us can get to them and restore them to their former glory.
Now I realize I painted one of my Mustangs instead of gelcoating as original but I needed a quick fix so I could get on with the meat and potatoes stuff.I can still gel in the future to bring it back to original.
Watch your fingers.

BigAir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigAir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2009 at 1:12am
Wow! Those are some really nice looking trailers. Probably some of the nicest looking trailers I've ever seen.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic