Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hey,watch this !

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
farmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hey,watch this !
    Posted: November-12-2008 at 1:05am
You all remember the redneck joke right? Well,I almost lived it. I set up my one man rig to flip my project hull right side up .I had the hull hanging upside down by the straps.Everything looked good so I began to winch the boat towards me(standing on an 8 foot stepladder) to roll it over. I only winched it about a foot and a half when it suddenly flipped over on it's own.I hadn't thought about the bottom being so much heavier than the deck.Scared the crap out of me!Luckily I had guessed correctly on the height necessary to clear the rigging and the ground so nothing was damaged except my pride.
Now on to the stringers and floor. Farmer
Watch your fingers.

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2008 at 2:08am
Alls well that ends well. I cant count the amount of times i should have destroyed myself or a vehicle and all worked out... something about god taking care of fools my mother always said...
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2008 at 2:11am
farmer, you have put in the work a few bounces are bound to go your way!
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2008 at 1:47am
Who's hands were in this?

Truck doing 75 mph coming from right hand side of pic. Ran through guardrail, flipped end over end ,over the culprit and landed on the other side. Occupants unhurt. Got out and looked where they could have landed!
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
farmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2008 at 11:00pm

Ouch!! They must have soiled themselves.My little miscue seems pretty trivial next to that.
Watch your fingers.

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2008 at 12:00pm
I'll take being lucky over good any day. Glad you didn't get hurt Gary and the boat's alright.
farmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2008 at 10:56pm
Thanks Bruce. I saw the boys' new toy.They look pretty proud of themselves as they should be. Question,how are you going to get the fleet to the reunion next year?Good luck with the new boat. Gary
Watch your fingers.

Brktracer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brktracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2008 at 5:23pm
I love photo editing!

LMAO!

Matt
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic