Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Manifold ?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
lonestar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lonestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Manifold ?
    Posted: October-19-2008 at 10:42am
Ok I took the carb off an 88 2001 to have it rebuilt.After it was removed I noticed corrosion on the walls of the maifold just below where the carb mounts. It looks like it would be easy to clean up but should I ? Is it safe for the debris to fall in the manifold? do I even need to worry about it? Thanks for the help
lonestar
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2008 at 11:13am
Chris,
I wouldn't unless you remove the manifold off the engine. There's no way of knowing you won't get debris down the engine. It would be very abrasive!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
lonestar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lonestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2008 at 6:34pm
Thanks. I was kinda thinking that. It seems like I opened up a can of worms here. I had the carb done over. 410.00 bucks ouch. I guess it wasnt for nothing. The guy said it was totaly clogged up with debris, and alot of rust. I went and looked down the tank and sure enuf I see what appears to be grains of metal. Sooooo do I take the tank out? is there a way to clean it without removing it ? or am I looking at a new tank ? Any insight or opinion is greatly appreciated.
lonestar
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2008 at 7:13pm
First, sorry to say it is about 410 for a new carb from summit, 475 is what someone paid from a nautique dealer in the last two weeks. I would probably not let that gentlemen work on my boats. On the tank there is no great way to clean it on the boat or even off the boat as it will leave you with a mess of solvent but its possible. If you dont pull it and clean it or replace it make sure you have a good seperator/filter upstream of the pump and that you check it often.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
lonestar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lonestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2008 at 7:40pm
Thanks alot. This guy has done this to me before. Its a local guy and I like to try and do buis local but im pretty sick of gettin burned.
lonestar
lonestar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lonestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2008 at 7:48pm
Getting back to the tank. It looks like all the rear interior has to come out to bring the tank forward, including the two walls on either side that are behind and below the side cushions. does that sound correct?
lonestar
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic