Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CC at ACBS International Show

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
FINS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FINS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CC at ACBS International Show
    Posted: September-23-2008 at 8:12pm
I am sure that most have seen this boat, but thought I would post it, as well as a few other of my favorite boats from the ACBS International Boat Show from Coeur d' Alene, Idaho this past weekend.

1948 Ventnor Hydroplane "Veloce" that is one of only 3 left in the world (of 6 originals) with twin Greymarine’s

Greyhound 1930's race boat that was built on the shores of Coeur d'Alene, Id. finished it's restoration just in time for the return trip to it's home waters. The massive Rolls Merlin engine made it the hit of the show!

Rare Wood A new construction Stan Craft (another native Id. builder) features a new ILMORE Viper engine.

Quiver A 1959 Chris Craft Silver Arrow. Flawless mix of glass and wood!
59 ATOM

Lake Tapps, Wa.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2008 at 8:40pm
Great pics! Isn't that the CC with the Packard engine?
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2008 at 12:18am
The CC was for sale. Do you know the asking price?
FINS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FINS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2008 at 2:58am
It is the CC with a Packard 352 engine (bored to 374") that was used in a Bonneville car at one point. The boat was originally built for the Cypress Gardens Ski School according the owner. It is for sale, $24,500 if I recall correctly.
59 ATOM

Lake Tapps, Wa.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2008 at 7:37am
Brian,
Sometimes I really hate going to shows. Love all the boats and can't afford most of them!!!

Was there anything at the show indicating the owner of the CC had placed the boat into the judged category? Some of the chapters will indicate it on the boats/show placard. Just wondering if the owner would have the courage to do it!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
FINS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FINS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2008 at 1:19pm
Not sure if it was judged or not Pete. Most of the judging was done early Friday. Have you had your boat judged at a show? I have never had any of mine judged, but do hope to have my Atom Skier to that level within the next year.
59 ATOM

Lake Tapps, Wa.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2008 at 1:39pm
Brian,
Sometimes chapters will list the judging results from their shows on their web sites. I'll have to take a look. I'm just curious because there is so much on that boat that isn't original. The ACBS judging rules lean very heavy towards originality and way against non original. It always surprises me why people will try to make something into something it never was. It's a great looking boat but I'll stop there!!
Yes, I've had my Atom in several judged shows. One second in class. one best of class and very proud to say a best of show.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
FINS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FINS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2008 at 4:13pm
That was my take of the boat as well, Pete. It is a nice looking boat, but even to a newbie like me, there was glaring problems with the "restoration". The descprition of work displayed by the boat talked about new fir stringers sistered with aluminum angle stiffeners. The huge trim tab, and other additions to the boat seem to detract from the overall. It is fine to do a boat this way, but you need to decide early on which direction you are going to take. Once you start taking liberties, you will still end up with a nice boat, just don't try and recreate the history and play it off as original.

Take the above Ventnor. The owner spent thousands just on the research that went into the restoration before the work was even started. Makes a huge difference in the end boat in my own opinion.
59 ATOM

Lake Tapps, Wa.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2008 at 6:46pm
Not a CC and not at the ACBS show but seeing the reference to Coeur d'Alene, Id made me think of this. Someone at Coeur d'Alene built this boat from the Glen-L plans. Pretty good job. GLen-L calls this a "crackerbox" but it really is more a mini (16') gentleman's racer than a crackerbox.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic