NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

beyond cup holders??

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: beyond cup holders??
    Posted: September-23-2008 at 10:05am
Ok guys, fill me in on this one. I just spotted this:

"216V is loaded with new features including the transom underwater docking lights"

Have I missed something? Have these been around for awhile? What good are they on the transom - who backs up their boat onto a lift or trailer?

More bling for the big bucks?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2008 at 10:45am
Pete - These are a must if you use underwater docks. They are much harder to back up to!    Must be a marketing response to this year's floods.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2008 at 11:19am
Actually Pete, I do believe it is all about the Bling! Friend has one of those massive X-boats which is equipped with the transom lights, we have surfed at night and they definitely light up the wake nicely, doubt that is the documented design intent however it worked pretty well.

And how about the new Gen-3 tower, read that it folds down easily and having only 1 leg per side is a great improvement, but it's hard for me to get past that look, not my taste.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2008 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

And how about the new Gen-3 tower, read that it folds down easily and having only 1 leg per side is a great improvement, but it's hard for me to get past that look, not my taste.

Fugly to be sure, but stout and looked unbelievably easy to fold down. I don't plan on moving south for 25 years yet, but if I was in a year round watersports area I would have a blinged to the hilt 230 for surfing, boarding, and carrying around 15 of my closest friends to cause trouble. The thing is obscene in its proportion, price and everything else but man is it nice.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2008 at 2:53pm
I can't stand the 216V's looks. I think it's a shame that CC made such a generic, non-CC-looking boat. The windshield is awful, as is the tower. Looks a lot like a Malibu! Malibu came up with that 2-legged tower and I always thought it looked awful on those boats. Doesn't look any better on a CC. I love CC, but this boat was a mistake in my opinion. I hope it sells well though, so that CC can continue to put R & D and funding into their ski boats that still look like they came out of Florida rather than Merced.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

anthonylizardi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonylizardi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2008 at 8:50pm
Looking at their website I think they got rid off the Crossover 216. That's their direct drive with optional ballast and tower. That was one of my favorite. Maybe they just re-brand their stuff and ballast is availble on most of the Ski Nautique.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2008 at 10:58pm
Anthony,

Check the site again, the 216 is still available, green hull/green deck on the site, as is the 206 & 196, long live the DD's!!

Had heard they were dropping the 216, maybe not?
anthonylizardi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonylizardi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2008 at 12:58pm
They have a 216 but in the description I didn't see anything about optional ballast. Maybe is no longer necessary.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2008 at 4:04pm
Anthony,

Thought they listed 308lbs of optional ballast for the 216, none available for the 206, believe it was within the specs. On the site the 216 is referred to as a "Ski Nautique 216", looks like the models are broken down into three categories now, Ski Nautiques, Crossover Nautiques & Air Nautiques.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic