NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Steering wheel cap

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
78SkiTique View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 78SkiTique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Steering wheel cap
    Posted: June-25-2008 at 1:25am
Can someone please tell me how to take the center cap off the steering wheel of my 78 Ski Tique. I read a post about a mustang wheel that talks about a C clip but I don't see anything like that on mine. There is some up and down play in my steering wheel and it appears that the three spokes are loose. The shaft doesn't seem to be moving. But I can't figure out how to remove the cap and don't want to damage it.
KennyA View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KennyA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2008 at 3:39pm
Skip,

Did you get your cap off?
Kenny <>{
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2008 at 7:03pm
It is held on with a C clip of sorts. It's a round wire C clip buried in one of the outer grooves in the hub. You need to get in there with something with a point on it and pop it out.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
78SkiTique View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 78SkiTique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2008 at 9:27am
Kenny, Pete: Yes I got it thanks. I was thinking the clip was behind the hub. But after a closer look I saw that it was around the cap and got if off no problem. The screws that hold the steering wheel spokes were a little loose and I had some play in the wheel but I tightened them and it took care of it. The boat runs and performs better than I could have imagined. I've been unnofficially told I have the best boat on my lake.

Skip
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic