NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Used Ski Boat Market

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
jb_dallas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jb_dallas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2008 at 7:24pm

I would take it out before I placed a bid...I assumed that the ride would be better because of the hull design...maybe not.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2008 at 7:40pm
The ride may be better, but it's still a 16' boat.   Mojo's right. If you want a nice ride, get a cobolt. I drove a 26' last summer.   First boat I ever drove that I didn't have to slow down for a big wake. It cut right through it like it wasn't there. Dam nice boat, especially for an IO.
jb_dallas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jb_dallas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2008 at 8:25pm
Cobalts are nice boats, but they are a little out of my price range. I am only looking to spend about $12k or less.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2008 at 8:38pm
Colbalts aren't in my price range either, nor my type of boat. I can't imagine owning anything but a DD. There's something about the ride, even if you get pounded in rough water. I'm on a big lake and have spent plenty of time plowing through 2-3' chop and more. That Donzi is a beautiful boat, but it is not going to be a huge improvement in comfort, and if you like skiing there is no comparablility. Plus your boat will probably not go much lower than $5k as long as you take care of it, so you will see your cost/hour/year continually go down with each year.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2008 at 9:21pm
I saw two 88 supremes listed. One was aking 6400, the other was 5200. BKH
Livin' the Dream

k.o. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote k.o. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2008 at 10:07pm
are ski nautiques the same as ski supremes hull?? we really have no problem in choppy water we've riden this boat in pretty rough water and don't have no problem with rough ride.
or maybe it's just that we got used to the beating.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2008 at 10:14pm
No, they are not the same. Nautiques of the 80s generally handle rough water a bit better than other brands. You'll still get bounced but not as much. BKH
Livin' the Dream

79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2008 at 12:46pm
16' foot boat is going to bound you worst than you are now, even if it is a v-hull there's not length to it to take advantage of the v design.
jb_dallas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jb_dallas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2008 at 2:41pm
There is a 18' Donzi in Texarkana right now..nice boat, but out of my price range. I think I will just hang on to mine and see what happens with the market next year. Thanks for the advise.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2008 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by jb_dallas jb_dallas wrote:

There is a 18' Donzi in Texarkana right now..nice boat, but out of my price range. I think I will just hang on to mine and see what happens with the market next year. Thanks for the advise.

Smart move,,, I'd look for a CC Southwind or Riviera for that lake when you're ready.. Buxton Marine is right in Lewisville. Old Correct craft dealer...

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

jb_dallas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jb_dallas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2008 at 8:07pm
I have never ridden in a mid 90s Correct Craft, which is probably what my budget would afford. How would the ride compare to mine?
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2008 at 9:30pm
Mid 90s will be a bit better ride, but these boats are all still built for skiing (pre wake boarding boats) and will have generally flat bottoms. My 95 rides better in chop than my buddy's 89, but my Supra Saltare (which was like an armored personnel carrier) rode better than both. All three ride better than a 16' Donzi even though that is a really cool boat.

Come farther south to Houston and you won't have the wind factor.

BK, any possibility you'll move to Big D?
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2008 at 9:33pm
Always a possiblity Dude, but not likely. I believe I'm here in CA for awhile. BKH
Livin' the Dream

The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2008 at 12:37am
I talked to a guy today at the ramp that had just bought an 82 2001 for $7k. It was beautiful. Sky blue and white. He had a rebuilt motor in it and the upholstery was new like. It was a really pretty boat. I asked him about it and he said, "I bought it today!" It was his maiden voyage! Unfortunately I was pulling out because a huge rain cloud was coming. I'm sure he got drenched within 15 minutes of launching.

Anyway, he was happy to buy and I think it was a fair price for what he got. It looked really, really nice.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2008 at 1:09pm
I have been in a 16' donzi just like you have been looking at.

It rode really bad in any chop. Maybe it was the extra hp it had? The origial 4.3 was toast, and the guy dropped in a stroked 350.
78 martinique- refloored, reinforced, stringers re glassed, re engineered interior
GT40P heads Edelbrock Performer intake acme 4 blade
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/horkn/fish/nautique.jpg
jb_dallas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jb_dallas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2008 at 11:50am
That 16' Donzi ended up selling for $10,600. I am glad I didnt pay that much and then be dissapointed in the ride. I am keeping the old Supreme for now.

JB
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic