NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I KNOW THE YEAR!!!! ...... :)

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I KNOW THE YEAR!!!! ...... :)
    Posted: June-18-2008 at 1:50am
..........FINALLY!!!!! YEEEEE HAWWWW !!!!

A few of you may know,about a month ago I bought the cuda that was advertised as a 1973 in the diaries. I was pretty sure that was wrong , so I questioned the owner about the year, he checked and it is titled as such..

I had checked with Correct Craft and after a month of trying to find the boat in their paperwork, today when I called we found out ,by the original serial number on the motor, that the boat was built on MARCH 18th, 1968 !! So, as some of you had guessed, Its A 68 !!!!!   Coooooool!

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2008 at 3:04am
Congrats Steve!

Do I win the engine for guessing the right year...was'nt that the prize??? labor and installation too...right??? I figure in can go in that goofy little orange fishing rig so it goes big fast!

Glad ya found out for sure! Enjoy it...might have to come down here to launch it if the river stays high.
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2008 at 7:07am
Steve, Great! Now you can sleep at night. Did you ever talk to Ralph? Are they going to send you a letter confirming the year?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2008 at 12:11pm
Orange "ski something"...I'm still laughing about that one.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2008 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Orange "ski something"...I'm still laughing about that one.

HW, Dont know if you've ever heard the story? The first year at GL ,Pam and I were staying at the Bayview. We had been out in the 'skier and came back to the hotel mid afternoon. When we were walking back , I noticed stang's 72 promo ,with the LARGE black "Ski Nautique" writing on its side. It was parked right in the middle of the parking lot.

Gary and I had talked on the phone,but never met before. I went in the office and asked if the guy that owned the orange fishing boat could please move it, as it was in my way? I wish I had a picture of Garys initial re-action....priceless as they say..
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2008 at 1:07pm
And we have been fishin buddies ever sense!

Steve I could come up and give ya some help getting those bass seats in the 68. Is it getting a live well?
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2008 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by stang72 stang72 wrote:

Steve I could come up and give ya some help getting those bass seats in the 68. Is it getting a live well?

sounds good to me! got some coool beer...
As for the live well, i'm not putting the hinges back on the engine cover...I just turn it over and use it. (btw, it also doubles as a cooler)
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2008 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by stang72 stang72 wrote:

Hey Stang buddy,
Get Brian's butt in gear again and get him registered for GL... I know,, we go through this every year, but we need a final count next week..

Thanks
Moj.
Looking forward to seeing you and the fam in a couple weeks..
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2008 at 8:12pm
Your boat was born 20 days after me.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic