NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help!! What year boat is this?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help!! What year boat is this?
    Posted: June-16-2008 at 1:19am
About a month ago there was some discussion about what year this   'cuda actually is. Its a pretty sure bet its not a 73 as advertised. I sent the HIN to CC a month ago, with no luck yet. Any ideas on what else to look for?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2008 at 1:32am
Looks like late 60's....I will guess 68.

Steve....don't you need another 62??? And don't you have an engine all crated up that your not using? Just a wild hair idea I have! Something to maybe chat about at GL.

BTW...how was the river trip in may???
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2008 at 2:14am
Dual bow vents,I'd say 67+.
Tim D
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2008 at 2:35am
Tim, It also has aluminum front seat stands... not wood like my 66. Not sure when they started that?

Gary, Im pretty sure Pam thinks Ive got enough projects for now!! I do have the crate engine still in the box. Didnt you get the engine rebuilt in the 62?
Havent even had a boat wet yet..river's been too high.
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2008 at 7:53am
Not a 73 for sure!! 68 would be a good guess for me too - No wood grain dash panel! Seating was available with the buckets, port side split bench and the center split bench.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2008 at 1:00pm
Woodgrain dash? .... did they do that on a cuda?   I'm surprised by the alum. seat mounts.. when did they start that?

I think the confusion started years ago because of the HIN number being "BARR 1973" .

also Im trying to find out Mopar's casting date info... problem there is the motor has been replaced, so only intake,accesories, etc would still be original.
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2008 at 1:11pm
Steve, It looks like 69 is when they started the wood grain dash panel. I couldn't find a clear enough picture in the diaries so here's a 70.

HIN's didn't come in until 70 or 71.
The BARR**** is just a serial number

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2008 at 1:25pm
Steve the 62 does have a new rebuild...I was just thinking of a way you can move closer to having them! Swap the 62 for the engine???

Yeah the water levels are way high....bummer.
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2008 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by stang72 stang72 wrote:

Steve the 62 does have a new rebuild...I was just thinking of a way you can move closer to having them! Swap the 62 for the engine???

Ive got a better idea! I'd consider swapping the NEW crate engine for that old worn out orange fishing boat of yours...you know - the one with the ugly black "ski-something" writing on the side!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2008 at 2:14am
Pete, I just found out that the 12 digit HIN number was started on boats built after Nov 1972.

Has anyone else sent in numbers to Correct Craft? I talked with someone last week and was told he needed to talk to Ralph Maloon to see if he new anything about it. Sound a litte strange?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2008 at 3:09am
Steve, did you buy that boat? That's the Wildman, isn't it? I'd guess it is '67. It has individual guages. Seems like they started with the guages in a plate in '68. I don't think those seats are original.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2008 at 3:53am
Bruce, Yeah, I ended up buying "Wild Man" about a month ago.(btw, the name is history)
She needs a lot of TLC, but ran out pretty good.

I was kind of hoping to bring it to the reunion at GL, but am having problems trying to find out the actual year. I really would rather not register it as a 73,knowing its not. The state says I need a letter from the Correct Craft with the mfgr date to change it. Not sure where to go from here?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2008 at 8:59am
Steve, I can see your reasoning for not wanting to register it as a 73. Considering the lack of solid record keeping back then, CC may not be able to give you exacting info and I believe it's the reason he wanted to talk to Ralph. I wouldn't wait for CC to call you back. I'd call them back (ask for Ralph right away) and ask him if it's possible to get the letter stating it's a 67 or 68. Without the woodgrain dash panel, he should be able to pin down the approximate year. Tell him you'd just like the letter to say 1967.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2008 at 1:06pm
Pete,
Might be worth a try..not getting anywhere fast the other way.
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2008 at 1:29pm
Standard Barracuda with a 360???? Is that right??

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2008 at 1:49pm
Dave,
The engine was replaced a few years ago. From what I understand it was originally a 318.   Maybe I can get some pics posted later.
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2008 at 2:04pm
Steve, check your email.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic