NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Look at Reids new boat!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2008 at 7:49pm
Michael, Where have you been and how's your Torino coming along?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2008 at 1:42am
Originally posted by Thephantomkaw Thephantomkaw wrote:

Reid.. What motor does it have in it? Will you post some more Pictures?

Michael, The boat came with and still has the original 302 Ford 210hp Interceptor, but I agreed to let that stay with the seller. I'm still getting the entire marine conversion package but he's keeping the longblock, which worked great for me as I've got several. So, the plan right now, and as usual that's subject to change, is to install the 347 stroker engine we currently have in a vintage Donzi which should wake the Torino up a bit. We'll then put another engine in the Donzi, but the main reason I really wanted the I/O Torino was because it was certainly CC's closet answer to the Donzi rage and CC's fastest potential package.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2008 at 3:41pm
no no, HERE you go Reid!...It may be a bit new for your tastes...but as the seller says, the custom paintjob is wicked!! haha

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2008 at 5:04pm

Reid, did you notice the TORINO in Orlando for sale?
-Adam

1973 Skier
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2008 at 5:11pm

This thing looks like SHAMU the Killer Whale from Seaworld!!! Why do people continue to butcher these boats like this, what are they thinking?!?!?

-Adam

1973 Skier
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2008 at 7:12pm
Well well well... there she is then: the Bat-Nautique! She sure beats the Bat-Torino LOL
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2008 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by Kristof Kristof wrote:

Well well well... there she is then: the Bat-Nautique! She sure beats the Bat-Torino LOL

Everyone knows you should only put Batman stickers on a Separator!!!!
-Adam

1973 Skier
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2008 at 9:10am
Oops...! Sorry Adam, my mistake... LOL
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Thephantomkaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thephantomkaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2008 at 5:45pm
Reid... does your Torino have a back seat in it? If so, could I get a couple of pic of it? I am going to have to build one.. Thanks
~Michael~
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2008 at 12:22am
Michael, yes ours does still have the back seat, still with the original vinyl. We've pulled it all out and I can take some picts over the next few days. If you don't see something by Saturday PM, please bug me, as I've dropped the ball.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thephantomkaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2008 at 2:09am
Reid!!! Its saturday PM and no pics!! :-) I cant wait to see them, when you get a chance.
~Michael~
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2008 at 2:13am
I am sure that Reid is working on his Pinks at Lake George issue.
He was distracted by Dave...
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2008 at 1:58pm
Michael, just sent you an email. We have picts! Probably coming your way today.

Critter, in no way is Dave gonna distract me. Get my attention, maybe, as that's part of the fun. But only so I can swat him down like a fly.

A hopeful little of tid-bit of interest regarding our Torino: Barefoot guru Steady Eddie Johnson stopped by the BBC to drop off a carb the other night and upon seeing the Torino, said "What is that, and I'll bet it'd make a great barefoot speed/endurance boat." What?, I said. Turns out, as Tullfooter and a few others already know, one of the hottest boats for these events is a fast I/O powered boat called a Ski-Pro. So Eddie sees the vee-bottom, similar to a BFN, and that I/O, and says we (I translated to "He") can put a Volvo Duo-Prop (sorry boatdr) outdrive on it with some decent HP and make a hot new-old barefoot CC. And Eddie, like us, is all about a Correct Craft as he currently has 2 really nice BFN's including the Python-powered monster. The Torino would only need 400hp to run 70mph and pull a footer long distance 55-60 no problem. Only thing was the small/short size. I'm anxiously awaiting his continued interest.          
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2008 at 12:37pm
While not as deep of a V, I think this boat perform similar to a Ski-Pro which I believe are pretty much out of business due to several issues.

BKH is familiar with these boats. Obviously I'm a CC guy, but do have a soft spot for Sangers and Hydrodynes too.

bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2008 at 12:45pm
Very familiar with those HW. With the right propellor, those boats will do 70-75 with a stock 350. Catch is you lose the low end hole shot. On my buddy's, propped to pull a skier out of the hole with some authority, the boat runs 58-60. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thephantomkaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2008 at 3:53pm
Thanks for the pics Reid! I had no idea that the rear seat was frameless, other than the built in frame that is part of the seat bottom..

Wow... that would be awesome to pull up to a new speedboat and make them smell exhaust as you sail right past them! :-) Its been over a year, and i am VERY anxious to get the thing in the water!!!!
~Michael~
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2008 at 8:58pm
I wish people would leave the sides bare, than add these homemade stickers, just my opinion.

-Adam

1973 Skier
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic