Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wiring type

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
84zz4ss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 84zz4ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wiring type
    Posted: May-26-2008 at 1:25pm
I have multiple wiring concerns on the 76. From battery cables to dash and some at the engine. What type of stranded wire would be suitable? Does it need to be tin coated? Any good sources for bulk? I may rewire the entire boat before it is back in the water.

Thanks in advance guys.
Thanks

Scott
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2008 at 2:26pm
Pete gave me some excellent wiring advice in my pumpkin patch thread. It's about 2/3's of the way through or try the search feature. You do want marine grade wiring and I think it is coated.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2008 at 5:33pm
zz, Yes, the marine is tin plated. It prevents the copper oxide (corrosion) from forming at the connections. Corrosion from less expensive (cheap) wire and solder less terminals are the number one cause of electrical problems. If you are going to wire the whole boat, I'd go for it. I do know West marine carries it.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic