NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Swim platform bracket sizes?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Swim platform bracket sizes?
    Posted: May-24-2008 at 2:32am
Does anyone know what size(length) the "legs" of a set of brackets for a platform are? Also, what width metal are they?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2008 at 10:06am
Steve, Don't tell me you are thinking about it???!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2008 at 1:08pm
Steve, don't know what you mean by legs. On the Alloy Marine brackets, the parts that attach to the boat are 2.5 x 6. The actual brackets are 2 inches wide. AM will make them in different lengths. I recall 13 and 15. There may be more shorter or longer but I dont remember. Mine are 15. They can tell you over the phone. Then they send you a form to fill out with your specs, including length, swing and rise.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2008 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Steve, Don't tell me you are thinking about it???!!!

I didn't want to be the first to say it. Steve, they make these nice little folding ladders...but if you must call Boat Dr, I think he's got a line on brackets and he has installed one on his.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2008 at 3:59pm
Pete, Thinking of what? It sure would make it easier to get in and out of the boat.

Actually ,Im not going to put them on my 'skier. I need the sizes from a Barracuda.
Larry, the dims Im after would be the 6"length that attaches to the boat. Just needed kind of a starting reference.

As for ordering them, my son is a welder, and he could make them from stainless. I've seen a couple of designs that are removable and like that idea.

Now, to get out the welder and drill!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2008 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

Pete, Thinking of what? It sure would make it easier to get in and out of the boat.

What's next, a tower? Well, at least it's not going on the Skier! So,getting older and it's harder to get in and out of the boat!! I know the feeling but I still like Bruce's idea with the over the gunnel ladder.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2008 at 4:28pm
When we had our Barracuda we wouldn't use a folding ladder for fear of scratching the boat. We used to make everyone take their jacket off in the water and then climb over the side. Climbing over the side today would be a challenge, and swim platforms are nice on the newer boats, (even my 82 yo mother in law can get in and out with one), but dang, if I had a beautiful Barracuda that I was restoring, I'd think long and hard before I violated that transome.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2008 at 6:26pm
Steve,

If you go to the alloymarine website (if you haven't already) they have two styles of removable brackets. They have a pretty decent picture of each, that might help you with your design. I have the lift straight up kind, If you want any close-ups with dims, let me know.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2008 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

When we had our Barracuda we wouldn't use a folding ladder for fear of scratching the boat......

..... but dang, if I had a beautiful Barracuda that I was restoring, I'd think long and hard before I violated that transome.

its just another 'cuda...no big deal, right?

ohhh, and Pete..... NO TOWERS!!!!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2008 at 12:06am

Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

When we had our Barracuda we wouldn't use a folding ladder for fear of scratching the boat......

..... but dang, if I had a beautiful Barracuda that I was restoring, I'd think long and hard before I violated that transome.

its just another 'cuda...no big deal, right?

A big deal?? It's even a SS!!

I'm not that happy with the platform on my Tique! They weren't a option until 78 or 79!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2008 at 2:53am
Pete, I just want to replace/repair the screwed up one that is currently on the cuda.

Pretty bad , ehhh? ...AND check out that NICE name!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2008 at 3:01am
Steve, I think you should keep the platform AND the name.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2008 at 3:11am
Tim, Maybe we could talk Alan into making graphics of it? Would probably look good on your boat also then? !
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2008 at 3:16am
Hey Wild Man...it looks great, keep it just like it is!!!
-Adam

1973 Skier
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2008 at 3:26am
Thanks for the vote of confidence guys...BUT, I already started wet sanding...I think its going to be history in a few days..

Dont know why it was offset?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2008 at 2:31am

A whole day off and the weather's supposed to be crappy ... man I want to hit the water.
guess I'll get started on the "cuda-remodel"
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2008 at 1:02pm

Tim, Maybe we could talk Alan into making graphics of it? Would probably look good on your boat also then? !

Steve, Ive already got an excellent name for our '71 Skier. My vote is to keep it:

To answer your question, the Wild Man needs not explain his choice to offset the decals.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2008 at 2:36am
Dang.. just when I thought there might be a market for "Wild Man" decals!

As for his choice to offset it, probably proportional to how many cool ones he had before starting?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic