NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

’79 Ski Tique HELP

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
KennyA View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KennyA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ’79 Ski Tique HELP
    Posted: May-22-2008 at 1:00pm
I'm a newbie to CCs. Have been around boats most of my life but never inboards. I know y'all have heard this hundreds of times before but I have always loved the ski nautiques and tiques!!

I am looking at a '79 tique for sale near me (its also listed here). I've seen a few things to check for in general but is there anything specific to the ski tique? I may go look at the boat this weekend.

I really wish it was a SN but the price is very attractive for a family man.

Thanks and don't shoot me, I have done some searching here and read a few things about buying a CC but any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Kenny <>{
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2008 at 1:36pm
These threads pretty much cover it. Shouldnt be any different concerns with the ski tique vs a nautique. Make sure you go for a ride in it and in addition to all the mechanical checks make sure you think you can live with the smaller boat in terms of people and stuff capacity for your needs. Good luck with it and keep us posted.

thread 1

thread 2

thread 3
Brktracer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brktracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2008 at 1:40pm
Stringers and floor are probably on top of the list. Make sure the strut is not bent. Look for any damage on the prop. Pull the dipstick and make sure oil is not burned onto it to ensure it was not overheated and make sure the oil is not milky (water in the oil). Pull the trans dipstick and make sure the fluid looks clean. Test drive if at all possible. Make sure there are no leaks from the exhaust risers and no visible cracks. Look at the condition of hoses and engine cleanliness for leaks. All the visual stuff like gel coat, interrior, trailer, trailer tires.

Ask open ended questions. My favorite are:
Tell me about this boat.
Why do you want to sell it?
What have you done to maintain it?

All of this should help you determine if the price is fair and/or if you want to negotiate.

Good luck!

Matt
KennyA View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KennyA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2008 at 9:43am
Thanks for the suggestions!!
Kenny <>{
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic