NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Finally got her on the water

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Finally got her on the water
    Posted: May-09-2008 at 11:20am
I was finally able to take our new 68 Mustang out on the water for nothing other than a cruise. With our winter having lasted an extra six weeks this year, a few minor setbacks, and a lot of re-marinizing of engine parts, she is finally done for the spring. I got to drive her around for about 30 minutes last night. She runs starts and runs great. What an awesome little boat.
I spun her up to 4600rpm. No clue on speed as I did not take my gps with. The trans likes to spin in neutral a bit, not sure what I can really do about that at the moment, short of just being careful. It engages into forward and reverse very smoothly.
I do want to put a simple stereo in it. What do you guys do about mounting a deck? Do you put it in a box underneath the bow?

Anyway, I am finaly floating in 2008, just thought I would share!!
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2008 at 12:33pm
All that story and no pics?

Glad it all went well!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2008 at 12:35pm
ha, pics this weekend. I really wasn't planning on going out as I only had a couple minutes to set the timing, and well..... like I am not going to drive it. HA.
Mike N

1968 Mustang

boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2008 at 1:24pm
Mike send me an EMAIL address and will shoot some of mine to you. I built a fake bulkhead and mounted Amp, speakers on it.
Took a while to fab but worth the effort.Mine sets in front of the front lift eye, from bottom to top gives room for a 400 watt Kicker and 4 6x9 JL speakers.
Used a wired remote on the first one but getting to the CD player proved rather hard. The new one is mounted under the steering helm between my legs, visable but easy to get to..........Boat dr
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2008 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

Mike send me an EMAIL address and will shoot some of mine to you. I built a fake bulkhead and mounted Amp, speakers on it.
Took a while to fab but worth the effort.Mine sets in front of the front lift eye, from bottom to top gives room for a 400 watt Kicker and 4 6x9 JL speakers.
Used a wired remote on the first one but getting to the CD player proved rather hard. The new one is mounted under the steering helm between my legs, visable but easy to get to..........Boat dr

All done without drilling any holes in the boat, right Doc? Thats the way to go for sure!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2008 at 1:40pm
Hi Doc

I would appreciate that.

mike.n@altatechnologies.com

i am going to install an Alpine with and iPod hook up. I have Bose 151 outdoor speakers that I am planning on using.
At this point I am not going to install an amp or sub. I may well do it later, just not now.

Mike
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2008 at 1:41pm
yeah, I am not drilling any holes in anything !!
Mike N

1968 Mustang

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2008 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by WakeSlayer WakeSlayer wrote:

yeah, I am not drilling any holes in anything !!

YES!!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2008 at 4:14pm
bumping this thread for the stereo question.
I bought a marine mounting box for the deck, and am thinking of either just mounting it on the floor upside down in the center under the dash, or mounting it under the passenger seat with the controls pointing to the driver.

Any opinions on doing it either way?    This is likely a temporary mount, I just want to get it done for now, and worry about a nicer permanent mount later, if necessary.

thanks
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic