Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cost to Ship Boats

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
wepucci View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wepucci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cost to Ship Boats
    Posted: April-27-2008 at 8:34am
Does anyone know approximately how much it would cost to ship a Ski Nautique (with trailer) from Florida to the Northeast (Massachusetts)? Even a ballpark figure would be great. I am also looking for the names of any shipping companies that people have used and have good/bad experiences with. Thanks.
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2008 at 11:47am
John, road trip
"the things you own will start to own you"
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2008 at 12:30pm
The other day when looking at some CC boats on ebay, I seem to remember a figure of $1.25 or $1.50 a loaded mile. Now of coarse I can't find the ad!!

Keith, What happened to our transportation sponsor? Not enough action?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2008 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

The other day when looking at some CC boats on ebay, I seem to remember a figure of $1.25 or $1.50 a loaded mile. Now of coarse I can't find the ad!!

Keith, What happened to our transportation sponsor? Not enough action?

Bet he didn't get one job. It would be good to know who he was for folks like the OP. Maybe Keith could start a thread and list his info?
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2008 at 3:06pm
Maybe you could find someone who needs something hauled to Florida so you could cut the cost of a trip in half.

“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
anthonylizardi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonylizardi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2008 at 3:37pm
I shipped a trailer from New Jersey to Dallas Texas for $600 unloaded. I used a website called Uship.com. It works like e-bay and shippers bid on your load. I found somebody that was driving back to the area so the money paid for gas. Also, that was last year when gas was cheaper. You can use that website to find historical data of people that has shipped similar items. My experience with it was good with the exception that the first guy never showed up to pick the load. Luckily I didn't paid him. The second person worked for a bigger company so I didn't had any problem. Actually he delivered the load and I was not at home. It worked out at the end but I knew I was shipping a trailer. Not a hole lot you can damage on it. Also, I insure the load so if I loose it no big deal. Big shipping companies that ship boats wanted $3k. At that time I thought I was in for a road trip. With Uship cost me the same, rent a car + gas, except I didn't had to drive. I would use them again. No complains on their website and the support was decent.
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2008 at 12:44am

79Nautique wrote, in another post about this topic:

"what you need to do is find a flat bed/lowboy trucker and have him back hual your boat. My Girlfriend is getting her XK8 deleveried today this very way cost her 400.00 to have it shipped from KC, MO to Chesterfield, IN.

But basicly the seller takes it to a local truck stop and loads the boat and trailer on the trucker's rig and then you meet the trucker at another local truck stop to pick it up. I would have to ask a friend who arranged this for more details on who to call but you might try a local trucking company and ask them about back hualing"

Sounds like a great idea to me.
-Adam

1973 Skier
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic