Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1995 Sport Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
kknudsen12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kknudsen12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1995 Sport Nautique
    Posted: April-01-2008 at 2:00pm
We're looking for a new boat, and there's a 1995 Sport for sale near us. What's the hull on this boat, and how would the ski and wakeboard wake compare to other Nautiques (Ski Nautique of the same era, TSC hulled Ski Nautiques, 1999+ Sports)?

Also, what do you think would be a fair price range for the boat? They're asking $14,900. I don't know much information about it yet, although it says EFI (could it be the GT-40, or was that not offered in '95?) on the side of the boat and I think it has low hours.
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2008 at 2:10pm
Currently, there's only one 1995 Sport Nautique for sale on the site. But if you follow the link to this boat, you'll see the Price Index for all 1995-1996 Sport Nautiques ever sold, or for sale on the site (N=15).

That $14,900 price seems pretty good and is well below the average for those boats, and is $1,000 below the lowest listed price for that year and model.

Yes, EFI should be the GT-40 for that year boat. I can't speak to the hull as it compares to other boats.

For more info, check out the 1995 Correct Craft Brochure

Good luck!

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
kknudsen12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kknudsen12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2008 at 2:49pm
I just called on the boat and was told the engine is 265hp, fuel-injected. I checked the 1995 owners manual, and don't see any engine that is rated at 265hp, but there are one or two TBI engines that have ratings near that.

I've heard that the earlier injection systems in the nautiques had some problems. Should I steer clear of an older nautique that has an EFI engine that's not the GT-40?

Maybe I need to call again and have them find out the exact engine model...
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2008 at 2:52pm
tbi is still an efi motor just doesn't use as many injectors.
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2008 at 3:42pm
If it's close by, I'd go take a look at it. I wouldn't be surprised if the current owner didn't have all the details exactly correct. Given the price, it's worth the time to look at it first-hand, take it for a test drive, etc.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2008 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by kknudsen12 kknudsen12 wrote:

I just called on the boat and was told the engine is 265hp, fuel-injected. I checked the 1995 owners manual, and don't see any engine that is rated at 265hp, but there are one or two TBI engines that have ratings near that.

'79 is correct. Sounds like the boat has the non-HO throttle body injected Proski engine.

The TBI motors are the ones known as being somewhat problematic, and hard to find parts for. This is probably why they were only offered in '94 and '95. The good news is that as a worst-case scenario, you could go back to a carb and distributor for less than $1000 in parts.

I dont have any first hand experience skiing that hull, but I believe that the 93-97 Sport Nautique hull was based on a stretched version of the 90-96 Ski Nautique. Due to its size and weight, I doubt it will ski as nicely as the Ski Nautique or the 98+ Sport, but it shouldnt be bad either. Everything has evolved since then, but it got rave reviews when it debuted.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2008 at 6:08pm
Tim did that motor use the Protech ignition, it could have an electroinc dist all ready, not sure if the protech was there first shot at it or not.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2008 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

Tim did that motor use the Protech ignition, it could have an electroinc dist all ready, not sure if the protech was there first shot at it or not.

Yes it did. The TBI system is reliant on the Protec ignition- which is why PCM will only sell the Protec parts to TBI owners. The carb guys (Protec debuted in '91) have to convert to a distributor if they run into ignition trouble.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic