Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Price for PCM351 and Trans

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
pmccook1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmccook1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Price for PCM351 and Trans
    Posted: March-24-2008 at 10:43pm
What kinda price should I be looking to pay for a PCM 351 and trans out of a 1976 Ski Nautique.   Runs good and the trans has no problems.

Thanks

pmccook1

Current boat:1993 Ski Nautique " Purple "
Have owned : 76' ski nautique, 93' Sport Nautique, 83 Stars and stripes, 47' Chris Craft Continental
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2008 at 10:13am
it varies, $400.00 to $800.00 i would say anything over that he would be taking your money, there are good deals out there if you search, thats me though

if you are searching for a trans try to find a 10-17 series, stay away from the as1-71c, the 10-17's will have all the updates
"the things you own will start to own you"
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2008 at 5:28pm
Eric, what updates would that be?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2008 at 7:11pm
2 reverse plates instead of 1, seal ring planetary instead of bushings, different baffles, updated hydraulic system.

the biggest difference is the reverse, they went deeper in the case and added another friction and a steel seperater plate, even with the 2 plates they still have a tendency to snap in half
pmccook1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmccook1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2008 at 7:44pm
400 to 800 bucks for the Engine and Trans together ?    or that price for each ?

Thanks for the info
pmccook1

Current boat:1993 Ski Nautique " Purple "
Have owned : 76' ski nautique, 93' Sport Nautique, 83 Stars and stripes, 47' Chris Craft Continental
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2008 at 9:34pm
both
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2008 at 9:39pm
How much is the guy asking?

Eric, Did the Dearbo make it on the truck yesterday?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2008 at 9:42pm
no, it left today, 3 days with fed ex, call me when you recieve
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2008 at 9:48pm
Awesome. I will, thanks!    
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2008 at 10:00pm
Eric, tranny arrived today. Looks great. Thanks!
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2008 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Eric, tranny arrived today. Looks great. Thanks!

Bruce, Did Eric paint over the ID tag on the trans??

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2008 at 11:36pm
your welcome Riley,
no tag Pete, but if it had one it wouldve got paint lol Eric, I really do only paint over the nasty looking tags cause they stick out like a sore thumb if you dont
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2008 at 11:37pm
Pete, LOL nope. I asked him not to paint it because I am going to paint the engine, so I might as well as do the tranny at the same time. The tranny is all aluminum and is clean and shiny like its new. I may not paint it. What do you think of that?
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2008 at 4:31am
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

I really do only paint over the nasty looking tags cause they stick out like a sore thumb if you dont

Eric, I'm sure you made the right decision on mine?!!? LOL The tag matters less when it's smooooth!!!   
Thank you for the good work...and I hope it likes Pumpkin Pie?!!? LOL
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2008 at 6:56pm
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2008 at 7:06pm
That sure is a gamble.....

I doubt the parts are worth $1000

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2008 at 7:25pm
And, I bet it's a LH.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2008 at 7:48pm

And, I bet it's a LH.

Almost without a doubt. Supra was using the same powertrain as CC in the early 90's, with a LH 351w mated to the 1.23 to swing a RH prop. Plus, the fact that the guy says it can be used in a truck means its gotta be a lefty.

I agree that its not worth $1k in parts. The block/heads/intake are only worth a few hundred, and what else is there? Circ pump, oil pan, carb, valve covers? His starting price is a stretch. Its pretty clear that he swapped over all of the good parts onto his new engine.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2008 at 7:55pm
Malibu was using the same powertrain as CC in the 80's, (as an option), with a 1:1 and a LH prop.

Wouldn't that block would be worth considerably more if it were RH?
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2008 at 8:01pm
Block does nothing with rotation, it is the CAM.

You would need a reverse water pump too.

Tim

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2008 at 8:18pm

Malibu was using the same powertrain as CC in the 80's, (as an option), with a 1:1 and a LH prop.

Wouldn't that block would be worth considerably more if it were RH?

Tough to say. While the RH engines are a lot more scarce, there are also a lot fewer people looking for them.

Tim, youre right (mostly), but I think the whole point of buying this engine would be to drop it in and go. To convert it to a RH would involve a cam swap, rear main seal swap, checking the piston offset, etc. At that point youre better off buying a bare block as opposed to one thats already assembled.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic