Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gerbermask for 79 SN?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
filmhog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote filmhog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gerbermask for 79 SN?
    Posted: March-19-2008 at 6:07pm
Hello to the group.
I'm new here and have surfed this wealth of information for the last couple of months. Got so fired up on vintage Correct Crafts, that one popped up on Craigslist and I bought it. I have listed it in the Diaries and really look forward to using it this summer.
To the point, I have read and reread all the threads on sanding and polishing, all good. I also have contacted most of the decal folks listed here looking for the 79 pattern. You see the former owner rubbed the graphics completely off the boat so even the fainted of outline is not there in some places for a roadmap. I thought maybe decals might be the way to go, but to date, no 79 files exist.
This gerbermask for painting would be great if I had something to make a rubbing from.
Is there a member near Reno that has a 79 that I can make a graphics rubbing from for this mask, or has somebody done graphics for a 79 Ski Nautique? I'd gladly split costs to offset your already hard work in getting the file.
Or, please suggestions on what I can do to get the graphics back on this boat.
Thanks again.
79 Ski Nautique
71 Riva Olympic
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2008 at 6:14pm
Jan, welcome!

Im absolutely no help at all as far as the graphics go, but its great to see you bringing the boat back to its former flory. Good luck!
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2008 at 6:29pm
Hey Jan,
Welcome....
I have a 76' Nautique that will have the same graphics. I could send you a rub or trace from my original graphics(see my link for verification).. Then you can have them scanned and a mask made. I'm in Chicago, and would have to express them to you. I'll send them "gratis" as long as you donate the graphic images to the board for future use...

Sound good??

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

filmhog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote filmhog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2008 at 10:47pm
Sounds like a good plan. Are you certain that our graphics are the same? That would benefit the group for sure. If you do that, I'll supply the fed ex number and maybe you could send it directly to a supplier that someone has used here on the board for doing this. Then they can send the art to me.
I'd like to dig into the details of our graphics. Do you have the square details above the stern on port and starboard. Your photo doesn't show the stern.
Your boat looks great too.
Again, good solution.
email me and we can get the details worked out.
Jan
79 Ski Nautique
71 Riva Olympic
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2008 at 11:53pm
74-79 side's are all the same right? I think the only difference I have seen are colors and outlining of the stripe.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2008 at 12:53am
Welcome Jan.
Good luck on the graphics. Your other boat looks pretty cool as well.

Checked your website. Nice homes...glad I don't live in your neck of the woods...expensive...but awesome views.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2008 at 12:52pm
Jan, here's the stern of my 76'. Notice that the red color has a black highlight that boarders the whole graphic. These were hand airbrushed from the factory. It gives the graphic some depth. No matter what trim color the graphic was, it had this shading effect. I can take some closer shots later after I pic it up.

05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2008 at 1:45pm
Jan,
I'd love to see more pics of your Riva.
If you have a chance, show her off in the off- topic section.

-Steve
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic