NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

intake and ignition

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: intake and ignition
    Posted: February-27-2008 at 10:32pm
hi guys next question .. does anyone know if the 4 barrel and offy intake is original on the universal v6 skylark? also is there an electronic ignition available for the same? Peter
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2008 at 10:57pm
I have to say no on this one. I always thought they came with a 2bbl. I just took a look in the diaries and found the V6's show the 2bbl's. Without internal engine work, a larger carb usually doesn't do much. How does yours run?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2008 at 11:31pm
Peter, I looked at your boat and thought that setup was aftermarket.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2008 at 12:22am
Peter you'll have to look on your distributor for a make and model and then check here-
http://www.shopatron.com/index/591.0.26484.26485.0.0.0
It might be best to call them and ask.Then check with someone like Summit,they seem to have good prices.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2008 at 6:08pm
Hi all I got the boat from skyfuzz it seems to run great. I figured it was an aftermarket set up. I wouldnt mind an electronic ignition in it or maybe just a super coil to spark it a bit hotter.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2008 at 7:02pm
Peter, Without other engine mods, I don't feel you will gain anything except starting IF you have a starting problem. I'm not real big on the pointless conversions. I've run one of my boats for 28 years without a tune up and do know that if stuck due to a point issue that I can borrow my wifes nail file to get home. With the pointless you are stuck! Maybe this summer I'll give it a tune up!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2008 at 9:20pm
I would say that electronic ignition makes my boat more responsive on acceleration.
Tim D
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic