Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

St. Somewhere Else

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
DeepCreekNauti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepCreekNauti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: St. Somewhere Else
    Posted: February-17-2008 at 12:13am
Just got back from the Bahamas last week. Last Tuesday, I was enjoying a morning beverage overlooking the marina at sunrise. Yes, beer for breakfast is totally acceptable in the tropics. Anyway, there must have been dozens of boat that come with their own zip code. After giving up trying to figure out how much money these guys must make, I saw my dream super yacht. This thing had class with a capital C written all over it. Why? Because on the upper deck was a stowed 80s era Ski Nautique. No kidding! All I could think was that I wish I had a camera to post this pic on CCF. I bet it would have made the home page.

Some CCF is living large. Dont forget to purchase your Powerball tickets this week.
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2008 at 1:03pm
that would've been calander worthy,
"the things you own will start to own you"
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2008 at 1:31pm
Speaking of pictures....on our way back to Reid's place on the river yesterday...we blasted pass 3 guys in a mastercrap-FISHING-one guy was actually sitting on the bow in one of them tall skinny seats they fish from while operating the trolling motor. We didn't have the camera out and we were travling rather fast (imagine that!) and couldn't go back.

A day on the river with Friends...awesome
Guys fishing in a mastercrap..priceless

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2008 at 1:38pm
John, shouldnt you be nursing a hangover? you havnt seen 10:30 am in how long?
MM get his boat going?
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2008 at 1:47pm
Somehow, I can picture the whole scene! LOL Did he have a trolling motor on it?
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2008 at 1:50pm
the model was a basstercrap, thats something you would only see in Fla.
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2008 at 4:09pm
Isn't that spelled Bassturdcrap? Or was it bascerdcrap?
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2008 at 6:36pm
basster-scrap
or all of the above
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2008 at 8:35pm
Nah...I'm always up early on the weekend. Only drank a few beers with Reid's crew. Had to drive 2 hours home. No place to stay overnite...to many racefans in the area right now.

MM and his bro Keith burned the midnite oil and got his trans back in. Worked awesome. You da man. With my Legend prop on he was the fastest boat there. But only by 1/10 of a mph. We had Reid's Classic (best sounding), my '80. Marshall's Mustang, MM's very fast Ski Lime, all of them modified to some extent. But the surprise ride was Adam's Skier. Box stock 302 and it stayed right with all these guys all day. Don't know if Adam has ever run her this hard but I think now he is pretty proud of his ride. Especially for what he has in it. First time out with the group for Adam and his wife Tammy and I hope they had a good time. We sure did having them.

BTW...we went by the mastercrap so fast that I am not sure if they had a troller or not...don't think so.

ready to go...note the great boating shirt.

Adam and Tammy...fast Skier

nice lookin' ladies

C/C's at the Silver Glen.

don't litter the Glen in front of this guy.

got lots more but I'll let the other guys post some too.

john

PS; Yes that is the bottom you can see...crystal clear warm water with a soft sand bottom.

"Loud pipes save lives"

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2008 at 8:58pm
Great pics. Looks like a heck of a good time.
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2008 at 11:21pm
Another fast Skier . Is it white or champaign color ? What year ?
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2008 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by p/allen p/allen wrote:

Another fast Skier . Is it white or champaign color ? What year ?

Pat, we discussed Adam's Skier at length in this thread. Its a '73 and its been painted- not sure if its an original color or not.

We know that Marshall can outrun Reid's 56mph boat, so if MM was indeed the fastest boat on the river, would that put him at 57-58? If so, thats very impressive. I know I said I wouldnt be doing any upgrades this year, but this makes me want to reconsider.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2008 at 12:18am
I am always impressed at your recall Tim. I did not remember that thread at all and I posted on it.

MM ran 52.3 or 53.2 (can't remember exactly) by GPS. Topped Reid by 1/10 by GPS. I am not sure Marshall clocked his boat.

Adam's boat is a 'pinkish" color. Looks pretty good for a paint job.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2008 at 12:20am
Yes , Tim I do remember that topic now . Thank You . Adams boat looks very nice . .
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2008 at 12:25am
I knew I had seen the boat before- I had to go searching for the thread too!

Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

MM ran 52.3 or 53.2 (can't remember exactly) by GPS. Topped Reid by 1/10 by GPS. I am not sure Marshall clocked his boat.

Whew, I can relax then. Im pretty sure Marshall is running upwards of 56-57, so Im a bit relieved that MM isnt there- at least not yet. I guess I can cancel my Summit order.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2008 at 12:28am
John,
Great pics.... more ice and snow for us today... Im beginning to re-think this northern winter stuff?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2008 at 12:37am
"I know I said I wouldnt be doing any upgrades this year, but this makes me want to reconsider."

"I guess I can cancel my Summit order."

Tim,

Since these two statements were made less than 1/2 hour apart,could one assume that you have already premeditated what your next exact modifications will be,and that you are merely waiting for someone to take it to the next level ? Kind of like having an emergency preparedness plan of sorts??

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2008 at 12:48am
Mike, I always seem to have plenty of good plans- its the bank account and finding the time to get them done where I fall short.

Ive got big hopes for '09, but staying stock until then may be tough for me to do! I can rationalize just about anything if I think about it long enough.
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2008 at 1:06am
Looks like a great time was had by all! Those great looking boats in the water are getting me excited about about a maiden voyage for the skier.
Greg

86 BFN
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2008 at 2:25am
Saw the Skier on another thread Greg, looked good.

Tim: Lots of talk about "secret improvments' on Saturday. Better keep your Summit book close at hand.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2008 at 2:53am

Adam's boat is a 'pinkish" color. Looks pretty good for a paint job.

john

It's CORAL!!!!!
-Adam

1973 Skier
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2008 at 3:07am
Ahhhh....sorry. Coral it is then.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2008 at 3:09am
Jbear...check out this sweet ride!!!

-Adam

1973 Skier
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2008 at 3:13am
Oops..sorry it's so large.
Is there an easy way to get my pictures to be 200KB, how big are the ones you posted above?
-Adam

1973 Skier
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2008 at 3:41am
Very nice lookin' ride! Nice lookin' lady as well!

I am not sure of the size of my pictures but I post them thru photobucket and that seems to resize them to fit. There is a couple of threads on here on how to do it. Randy in Ohio has a good one. You'll have to look it up. I forgot how to link you to the thread.

john

Found it...it is the second topic in the Off-topic forum. Good luck.
"Loud pipes save lives"

adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2008 at 3:47am

Heading out in the a.m.
-Adam

1973 Skier
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2008 at 3:54am

Too cool for words!!!
-Adam

1973 Skier
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2008 at 4:02am

Coming home with the sun going down
-Adam

1973 Skier
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2008 at 10:57am

Tim: Lots of talk about "secret improvments' on Saturday. Better keep your Summit book close at hand.

Im not surprised. Sandbaggers!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2008 at 11:27pm
Tim: I know you'll be up to the challenge.

Adam: Great pictures! Thanks. Nice to see someones elses 'cause ya never get any shots of your own boat when you are taking pictures yourself.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic