NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Graphics

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
Author
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Graphics
    Posted: November-02-2007 at 4:15am
I know this has been asked countless times, but does anyone know where I can go on the web to get these... Thanks
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2007 at 6:33am
Here's the link to my thread. The "since 1925" decals that you find on line aren't the proper size. I had them reproduced and still have plenty of them.

Larger "since" decals

Here's the link to the thread that explains what I went through and found out that the ones on line are too small.

White virgin gel color under original large decals

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2007 at 10:40am

Here is an option
full set on ebay

I got a set last spring. Happy with result.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2007 at 10:55am
Adam. The link that 75 provided is the set I started with and I wasn't happy! I wouldn't have spent all the money on getting the "since" decal made from scratch if I was. I'm not saying this just to get rid of the ones I had made but just want you to read the threads carefully.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2007 at 11:21am
Adam,

I support what Pete is saying. I can not vouch if the full set is historically accurate or exactly the right size, just put it up as an option for you. In saying I was happy with them, I was saying that they came as represented and went on well and look ok and seemed to match the old ones (which I know were not original because the boat had been painted)

Not a great picture of them, but best I've got right now. But you get the idea of scale.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2007 at 11:27am
Larry, In my case, it really wasn't the size problem because no one would ever notice the smaller new one being different than the original (not even me!!). It was a problem with the light color of the virgin gel coat under it. I could not even blend it in with wet sanding and buffing!. Had the same issue on the transom when I removed the boat name from the PO. That I ended up having to re gel the whole transom to fix!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2007 at 11:41am
Pete,

I actually had a few minutes of heartburn when I redid mine. As I said, the boat had been painted by a PO. When I pulled the old faded stickers off, quite a bit of paint came with them to expose gray primer underneath. I don't know, maybe he put the stickers on when the paint was still wet. I was sick when it happened as it extended beyond the edge of the stickers. Also the old stickers had a clear border and the new ones don't and the new ones were the size of the colored section only of the old ones. My boat is not a show piece by any means but I was hoping on a reasonable fix. I lucked out with a one in a million shot; some off the shelf spray paint was a virtually exact match.
Like I said, my boat is not a show piece, but you have to get awfully darn close to see the fix.
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2007 at 6:29pm
Thanks for the info. This is actually the first boat I've ever had. It a 73 Skier, I bought it at the beginning of the summer to take the kids out on the water. It is far from a show boat, but people sure do take notice of it when we're out. The guy I bought it from painted it with automotive paint, but the boat serves it's purpose. I see that the Skier came originally with a simple pinstripe and didn't even have these stickers but I've always liked the look of them. Basically just looking for an inexpensive way to add a little color to the boat. Any suggestions???
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2007 at 6:40pm
-Adam

1973 Skier
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2007 at 7:00pm
Adam,

We're anxious to see photos of your boat. 2 ways to upload. Obviously you have figured out one of them.

If the photo is under 200kb just click on the tree with the arrow next to it above the message box you are working in and follow directions.

If its a bigger image, upload it to Photobucket and follow the directions there. There are detailed instructions at the top post in the Off Topic thread.
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2007 at 3:13am

Thar she be!!!
-Adam

1973 Skier
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2007 at 9:00am
Adam, I think the Skier looks great. I'm sure you have and will enjoy it.
In the early 70's CC was putting only the USA flag banner sticker on to my knowledge most of the models. It was the Tique and the Nautique that got all three from about the mid 70's into the 80's. I'd have to go through our ref section to try and pin down exact years but even doing that may be a problem. CC is not noted for their consistency plus the pictures used may not be year correct!
All I'm getting at is maybe just the flag? I'm just bringing up some CC history here!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2007 at 3:14am

Yeah, 73 brochure shows no decals at all, appears to be a single stripe all the way around, that's it if I want to stay original I guess!!!
-Adam

1973 Skier
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2007 at 9:54pm
Welcome Adam. Sweet little boat.

Looks like "FL" numbers. Where abouts are you?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2007 at 12:28am

Orlando, 20 miles north of Disney World. We go out on the Butler Chain of Lakes in Windermere.
-Adam

1973 Skier
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2007 at 2:58am

The look of the SkiTique is what I'm going for, nothing too flashy, but classic.
LARRY: I noticed in your diary that you have no graphics or words on the stern, was there a reason for this?
I'm sorry if these questions seem stupid, but most of my questions will be. When I say this is my first boat, I really mean it, my parents never had a boat, and I don't remember every even knowing anyone who has ever owned a boat. So CCFan is the closest thing I have to a friend with a boat!!! I'm pretty sure that I'll be asking more stupid questions, and I appreciate any help you can give.
Thanks again,
Adam
Another dumb question, where would I find or go to find the words "Correct Craft" in the proper script, if I decide to put it on the sides near the back?
-Adam

1973 Skier
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2007 at 3:09am

Here's my favorite picture of her. A beautiful day on the lake
-Adam

1973 Skier
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2007 at 3:25am

Another stupid question, keep in mind that your dealing with someone that knows nothings about boats!!!
Two of the three blades of the prop have some damage. Does this effect performance, speed, etc, or does it effect it enough to warrant paying to get if fixed. How much would something like this cost to be done right?

Thanks for your help
-Adam

1973 Skier
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2007 at 10:01am
Adam, The Nibral (nickel, brass, aluminum) prop is very repairable. Find a prop repair shop in your area if you can but avoid taking it to a marina. They will simply send it to the prop shop and then tack on a "handling" charge. The damage to your prop will affect performance but because it is minimal the worst will be vibration and some loss in speed. I'm not exactly sure of current costs because I haven't needed a repair in years. I do seem to remember in another thread someone mentioning $150 to $175 but I may be wrong. You will need a prop or gear puller to get it off it's taper.

The CC script that you posted, is that out of the Zip file in our ref section? You can take the file to a vinyl sign shop and they can reproduce it for you. There are lots of "quick" sign shops around but they have a tendency to be cheap and use cheap vinyl that doesn't have the life (UV protection) so be sure to ask. Your best bet is to have it made in 3M Scotchcal.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2007 at 10:16am
Our site sponsor, Delta Prop, did A+ work for me. It was $15 to send from Georgia and $92 for the bill and return shipping. Your's may cost a bit more to fix as the damage to mine was only visable on the workbench, but it was nice work.

Less than 2 weeks roundtrip
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2007 at 11:46am
I can cut the script out for you. I would go with Oracal 851 vinyl, black has 10 year and color has 8 year. Or go with Avery A9, 9 year on all colors.
Tim D
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2007 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by adamt adamt wrote:

The look of the SkiTique is what I'm going for, nothing too flashy, but classic.

In my opinion, I dont think you should do that. Tiques are very cool boats, but the Skier is a beautiful boat in its own right. Since Pete is dropping the ball here, Ill be the one to vote for keeping it original! Not a lot of 71-73 Skiers around- Im a huge fan of them.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2007 at 2:10pm
Adam, Tim is correct that I did drop the ball!! I'm very much noted as the keep it original person here , so I'd say buff it up and don't put the CC script on it!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2007 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

I'd say buff it up and don't put the CC script on it!

Id say add the metal (or chromed plastic) Correct Craft script emblems- those would have been original. Maybe add a water line stripe, as the boat probably had one originally. Pat's Skier looks great:

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2007 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Id say add the metal (or chromed plastic) Correct Craft script emblems- those would have been original. Maybe add a water line stripe, as the boat probably had one originally. Pat's Skier looks great:

Tim, I think they would be the white plastic with black letters? Are you testing me???
Adam, What year is it? A 72?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2007 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Tim, I think they would be the white plastic with black letters? Are you testing me???
Adam, What year is it? A 72?

Of course it was a test! Actually, I didnt realize CC switched to the plastic that early- it appears '71 was the last year for the metal emblems, judging by the brochures. Tough to say what year Adams boat is- they look the same from 71-73.
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2007 at 1:43am
Pete: Thanks for all your help. She's a 1973, I posted the picture from the 73 Brochure above, And I, too was a little surprised you weren't telling me to keep it original based on other postings I've read!!!

Tim: I can't tell from the brochure picture, are you saying that it's not vinyl on the side, that in fact it's a plastic emblem?!?
Where the heck am I going to find one of those?!? I already replaced the missing step pads, but I couldn't find white ones, so I got black.

Another question if you don't mind...I'm looking to get a spare tire for the trailer, do I have to get a full sized one or can I go with a smaller one as long as the lug pattern is correct? The reason I ask is because I'm on a shoestring budget and a full size is $60.00+ and I can get a smaller one that fits for $25.
Thanks again,
Adam
-Adam

1973 Skier
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2007 at 1:59am
Originally posted by adamt adamt wrote:

Tim: I can't tell from the brochure picture, are you saying that it's not vinyl on the side, that in fact it's a plastic emblem?!?
Where the heck am I going to find one of those?!? I already replaced the missing step pads, but I couldn't find white ones, so I got black.

Another question if you don't mind...I'm looking to get a spare tire for the trailer, do I have to get a full sized one or can I go with a smaller one as long as the lug pattern is correct? The reason I ask is because I'm on a shoestring budget and a full size is $60.00+ and I can get a smaller one that fits for $25.
Thanks again,
Adam

Yes- the Correct Craft emblems on a '73 were plastic. Pete says the ones from White Lake are the same, just a different color. They can be painted white like the originals.

Out of curiousity, were you able to find black Correct Craft step pads, or generic ones? If CC, where did you get them?

I dont think you'll want to be mixing and matching tire sizes, especially on a single axle trailer. If you ever get a flat, you might be wishing you spent the extra $35.
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2007 at 2:21pm
The full size spare on a trailer is a must.

Pete I was a little suprised myself when you were not the first person to tell Adam to keep it original. I too like the boat the way it is, looks sweet. Put the water stripe on it and be done.
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2007 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by 87BFN. Put the water stripe on it and be done.[/QUOTE 87BFN. Put the water stripe on it and be done.[/QUOTE wrote:

Not to be Mr. Know All, but that thing is cal

Not to be Mr. Know All, but that thing is called a "BOOT TOP " As was corrected when I called Petit for my paint, as there is a special paint for that application........
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
  Share Topic