NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Correct Craft Trailer Fenders

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2008 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

Well I forgot to get the angle but its about 15.5 across the top, 9 for each angle and the mounting flange is about 2.75 on each side.

Thanks for reminding me- with all the OT discussion, I missed that!

I actually lined up my fender with Brad's '86 today and theyre similar, but definitely not the same. His were 1" wider and ~2.5" longer- but the angles and everything else matched up. Nonetheless, it is safe to say that the fenders I'll be having fabbed will fit the pre-82 trailers, but NOT the 83+ 2001 trailers. The '82 is still a question mark.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2008 at 2:35am
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

I actually lined up with Brad today and theyre similar, but definitely not the same. His 1" wider and ~2.5" longer- but everything else matched up. Nonetheless, it is safe to say that I'll fit.

Finally gonna fill that hole with something, that's nice.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2008 at 3:27pm
I dropped off the fenders at the machine shop on Sat. If anyone needs a square set of fenders for a pre-2001 Correct Craft trailer, let me know ASAP!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2008 at 2:08pm
Fenders are back and they look great. The guy didnt keep the pattern, but I can get my old fender back to him if anyone needs a set.

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2008 at 9:01am
Looking great Tim! I love it - they are original!!!!

Edit: Wait a minute! Do I see 3 slash marks on the tops of those hex heads? Did they use grade 5 bolts to hold those fenders on?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2008 at 9:48am
That's good looking work Tim!

Now all they need is a Donna the Buffalo sticker?!!?

1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2008 at 10:49am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Looking great Tim! I love it - they are original!!!!

Edit: Wait a minute! Do I see 3 slash marks on the tops of those hex heads? Did they use grade 5 bolts to hold those fenders on?

Thanks Pete and Greg. Original- thats the idea!

No idea on the bolts- I grabbed the new ones from Home Depot. The originals were a *tad* rusty.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2008 at 10:53am
Are they done in stainless?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2008 at 11:22am
The bolts are fine!! I was just trying to through in one of my "keep it original" comments in jest! I'm sure they would have used any bolt they could get the cheapest.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2008 at 11:58am
Pete, dont worry- I grabbed the cheapest bolts I could find too!

Bruce, the fenders are regular steel.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2013 at 1:32pm
Bumping an old thread... I am heading to my machine shop in the coming weeks and can drop off an old fender for a pattern if there is any interest in making more. These should fit all #2 (Ski Tique) and #3 (Ski Nautique, Mustang 17, etc) trailers from 1977-1981. My guess is that it will also fit the "old style" trailers that came under the Ski Tiques and Mustangs '82-84. They will NOT fit the Lowboys of any flavor, nor the 2001 style trailers.

I would expect pricing to be close to what I paid last time... $200 give or take, plus shipping. They are made from regular steel.

Any interest, email me: TRBenj@gmail.com

Original fender from my '78 #2:

Dimensions:

Reproduced fender (raw):

As installed on the trailer:

nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2013 at 4:50pm
Very Nice !
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2013 at 4:52pm
Need any Mike?
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2013 at 5:10pm
Tim, do not need at the moment but they look great ? If I do I am calling you for sure !!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2013 at 5:13pm
Ha, no problem. Ive received no interest at this point so Im not going to have any more made... probably wont bother dropping the template off with my machine shop guy either- no sense in risking him losing it!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2015 at 7:32pm
Bump... I need a set of fenders for our 87 #4, so I'll be running to my machine shop this winter. Any interest in either style? I still have the original from the Tique that I could use as a pattern.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2015 at 7:45pm
Tim,
Just a though but when you have them fab'd, ask them if they have any "paint lock" to make them out of. It's a electro galvanizing with a phosphate coating that provides corrosion resistance and paint bonding. It will burn off slightly at the welds so that area will need some extra prep.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2015 at 7:50pm
Pete, is the paint lock a type of steel? Or is it a coating applied prior to welding? My guy does good work but he's a part time shop running out of his garage... Not exactly cutting edge technology! Ha.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2015 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Pete, is the paint lock a type of steel? Or is it a coating applied prior to welding? My guy does good work but he's a part time shop running out of his garage... Not exactly cutting edge technology! Ha.

Paint lock is a coating on steel. You buy it that way just like you would buy galvanized sheet steel. If he does a fair amount of sheet fab, he may have some in stock.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic