Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1980 Upper and Lower Windshield Bars

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
MarineSRT8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarineSRT8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1980 Upper and Lower Windshield Bars
    Posted: January-03-2008 at 5:55pm
As everyone here knows I am deep into my 1980 SN resto and its coming along quite quickly. I just got my trailer back from being extended for easier launching and being powder coated. The boat is about ready to go back on the trailer. The brand new Ford racing 351W just got punched out to accomodate the 408 CID stroker kit and is currently being blueprinted and balanced in Charleston, SC. .....But I hit a speedbump, the company I am working with on the resto lost my upper and lower windshield bars and I am looking for someone who is willing to sell a set or where I can go for new ones...Thanks in advance for your help. I hope everyone had Happy Holidays. Looking forward to hearing from ya Doc.
"Some people go an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. Marines don't have that problem"

-Pres. Ronald Reagan-

boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2008 at 8:39pm
Nathen, do not have much to say on the subject, other than you have a way of losing a lot of parts,motors and guns.Karma is a bitch aint she............
As far as Happy Holidays, We dont do that in tha Sutton home, and will not spend my money where that phrase is used.....
We have A Merry Christmas,aka. Christ's Birth..
We also have a Happy New Year.....
Hope these Two seasons and the reason for their being were enjoyed by you and yours.

Boat dr
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2008 at 9:53pm
MARINESRT8
There's a company in Florida that can make a windshield from scratch or make any parts you need, but none of it is cheap!
Here are some notes I made on the subject:

windshield replacement
If nothing is available for re-use or measurement, $1600-$2200
If footprint rail is available, $1200 and up 813-926-3717.

Not sure of what the price would be for what you're looking for, but call em up and I'm sure they can help.
Steve
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
hasbeenskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2008 at 12:13am
Nathan,
The above post looks like the Tampa area number
I was refering to.
bj
hasbeenskier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarineSRT8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2008 at 3:16am
I really dont care about price the company is going to purchase new frame rails for me since they lost them
"Some people go an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. Marines don't have that problem"

-Pres. Ronald Reagan-

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2008 at 4:40am
well cost no object go to the source I am sure they still have the extrusion available its either taylormade or water bonnet most likely both are still around and have a web presence easily searched for...
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarineSRT8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2008 at 3:59am
I would love to avoid the problems with having new ones made if I could so if anyone is in possession of any I would love to get ahold of them...and so would the company whos doing my body work lol

-Pres. Ronald Reagan-

nautiquefanatic View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquefanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2008 at 1:45pm
Nathan....call me sometime and leave a number for me to call you back if I don't answer. I MAY have what you need.. I need a measurement for your bottom windshield bar. I have most/if not all of an 84 SN windshield, minus the glass. I will be taking inventory of EXACTLY what I have today (sunday). I know for SURE that the bottom windshield bar is STILL attached to the hull.....will check for the rest, just thrown in the boat.

BJ mentioned to me that you may need these parts before I saw this post. Maybe I can help.

In NC......

Paul        (980)581-0006
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic