Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Oil Pressure Light When Wakesurfing

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
verruckt32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verruckt32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oil Pressure Light When Wakesurfing
    Posted: December-11-2007 at 1:55pm
I was wakesurfing behind my friend's '93 Sport and when we weight the Starboard side of the boat, the oil pressure light on the dash came on after a few minutes. If we weighted the other side, it never came on and there were no problems. Anyone know why? My thought was that it had something to do with the shape of the oil pan and it was not picking up oil when the boat was listing to the starboard side. Thanks for any help!

Ryan
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2007 at 2:09pm
your correct the pick-up is sucking air and you have the boat weight down way too much if this is happening.
verruckt32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verruckt32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2007 at 2:25pm
Do you know if that was a problem with the GT-40 or later engines? I know I have been on a lot of boats where you could weight either side and it was never a problem. Is it just the shape of the PCM oil pans?
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2007 at 4:37pm
You should verify that the oil level wasn't low to start with. That would make it even worse.

When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic