NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nice Skier on Ebay

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nice Skier on Ebay
    Posted: December-10-2007 at 7:34pm
How about it Hollywood, Reid? I thought it sold once, but I guess the buyer backed out!

Ebay Skier
Greg

86 BFN
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2007 at 7:38pm
That hull style didn't start until 1971 didn't it?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2007 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

That hull style didn't start until 1971 didn't it?

Nope, just sent him (another) message about that. At least he doesnt have it listed as a Mastercraft jet boat anymore.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2007 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by skicat skicat wrote:

How about it Hollywood, Reid? I thought it sold once, but I guess the buyer backed out!

Saw it this morning and promptly threw down a $50 bid, which got squashed immediately.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2007 at 8:32pm
I couldn't resist the temptation. I sent the seller a question: I asked if he put in a new engine and what happened to the jet drive.

HW, you never told me what happened with Ebay.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2007 at 9:01pm
Pete, I hope I never get on the bottom of the pile.You guys are brutal, but what can I say I bid on it too.......
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2007 at 9:03pm
Don't look at me. I NEVER pray on sellers who correctly describe ebay items.    
ReidP
1973 Mustang

JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2007 at 11:02pm
You guys are ruthless. Won't you just let this poor guy sell his darn boat? I love those little Skiers. In fact, I was the second highest bidder on that boat a year ago when I'm assuming this guy bought it off of ebay. That boat is from somewhere near Boston. I can't beleive someone from Florida bought it, when he obviously didn't even know what he had. That was quite a trip to get a '69 Mastercraft Jetboat.

Anyway, I hope someone can pick it up at a great price from this guy. FYI, he paid about $2200 for the boat.

-John
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2007 at 7:51am
Well, I got a answer back from the seller. He has now put me way down into the HW class if you can imagine that!! I'm now a "deadbeat bidder" that needs to "get lost". At least he didn't use any REMOVE words! All of this because someone here on the site had this idea that we should run the bids up and then bale out!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2007 at 11:14am
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

Don't look at me. I NEVER pray on sellers who correctly descibe ebay items.    

Pete- I guess it couldn't have been this guy that started that, right?
Greg

86 BFN
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2007 at 11:15am
Originally posted by JMurph JMurph wrote:

That boat is from somewhere near Boston.

I thought those stickers on the dash looked familiar. I noticed the boat on CL before it went up on ebay. It had the original windshield on it back then, though.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2007 at 11:33am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Well, I got a answer back from the seller. He has now put me way down into the HW class if you can imagine that!! I'm now a "deadbeat bidder" that needs to "get lost". At least he didn't use any REMOVE words! All of this because someone here on the site had this idea that we should run the bids up and then bale out!

Oh, come now Pete. You know you enjoyed this as much as anyone else, as evidenced by your humorous and relentless badgering, even to the point of bringing your "ghost" wife into the fray. We all just wanted to send a needed message to a deserving recipient, which had no negative financial impact on anyone, and which indeed corrected the misleading statements. A job well done.   
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2007 at 12:05pm
Reid, If you noticed, I didn't mention your name, it was Greg who did! Do you feel guilty? Yes, I was referring to you but you must admit that you do need some working over on this one!! Friends do need to keep each other on their toes!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2007 at 1:26pm

HW, you never told me what happened with Ebay.

Nothing.

Originally posted by JMurph JMurph wrote:

You guys are ruthless. Won't you just let this poor guy sell his darn boat?

I feel adinhare got "close enough" this time around. I an actually helping him by driving up the price.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2007 at 2:43pm

Reid, If you noticed, I didn't mention your name, it was Greg who did! Do you feel guilty? Yes, I was referring to you but you must admit that you do need some working over on this one!! Friends do need to keep each other on their toes!

Yesssss, I do/did feel a little guilty, being the instigator here. But I certainly have no regrets as no one got hurt and we certainly were entertained. And your were right, we most definitely keep each other on our toes around here.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic