NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Interesting Craigs List finds

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 251252253254255 442>
Author
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2014 at 1:12pm
I took a look a few years back with a ski buddy who was looking for a project at the time. Floor was rotten with a "new" ply floor screwed on top. Owner was very proud of his boat but it was the epitome of a basket case.

edit - double iPhone post.
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2014 at 1:14pm
Tim - you have seen a lot more of these boats then I have, so I will always defer to your expertise! I would agree that when they dropped the wooden spray rails (it must have been 1970 then?) and also made significant changes to the top cap, they probably also added that 3" in the hull length (and forgot to change the brochure) that all makes sense. So does this boat have the wooden spray rails? Ahh who really cares its a crappy hacked up boat. I apologize for the thread jack - I always enjoy these little sidebars in this thread, but really appreciate learning more about the Ski Nautique generation changes.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2014 at 1:17pm
Yes, all changes you describe happened for '70... and Im betting the 2nd gen hull grew 3" too (and the brochure wasnt changed until '73).

If you look close, this basket case does have spray rails.
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2014 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

If you look close, this basket case does have spray rails.

Tim I think thats just a dirty water line. If you look close in the last pic it continues all the way to the back.

Edit:
Now that I look at it I think its a painted line of some sort as it doesn't go around the stern.
I'm still trying to figure out what the stainless plate screwed to the stearn was for?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2014 at 2:18pm
Keep gas coming out of the tank vent from ruining that beautiful paint job.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2014 at 2:20pm
It's actually an accent stripe either painted or decal. Not sure there were any spray rails on that heap. I want to say there were holes poorly filled before the paint job but it was a few years ago.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2014 at 2:24pm
I'm with Chris. There are no spray rails but the chine is painted where they should be, and continued to the stern.
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2014 at 2:29pm
At slow speed, w/o the spray rails that thing has to be chucking water everywhere, or maybe it doesn't... Somebody ought to steel any of the gen one parts off that boat that are left and scavenger the engine and cut that thing into little tiny pieces never to be seen again. $3800 that is CRAZY.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2014 at 2:37pm
I'd have a hard time giving $800 for that. Maybe $300.
ny_nautique View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2014 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

I'd have a hard time giving $800 for that. Maybe $300.

I think this is one thing that we ALL can agree on.

I just want to see a picture of a normal-sized dude sitting in that front seat trying to drive.

Somebody needs to take one for the team and visit this boat just to take that picture.
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2014 at 2:47pm
especially storm or skutsch. lmao
oldcuda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldcuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2014 at 3:02pm
Would have to stop at first big dumpster I saw on way home after purchase.Neighbors would never let me forget dragging that home like that.
oldcuda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldcuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2014 at 3:04pm
Would have to stop at first big dumpster I saw on way home after purchase.Neighbors would never let me forget dragging that home like that.
dip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2014 at 3:13pm
Come on, thats some great porch furniture. Think outside the box!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2014 at 3:25pm
With the lack of windshield and cramped front seat, I'm not sure which Jim Carrey pic is more appropriate.

Mini bike from Dumb and Dumber:

Or the bugs in the teeth from Me Myself & Irene:

- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2014 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by skutsch skutsch wrote:

I apologize for the thread jack -

I think it's been established that it's not possible to threadjack the Craigslist thread. The various detours are just part of the fun of it!
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2014 at 2:33pm
Nice one owner 93, but the owner is pretty proud. If it is as nice as it sounds, the (to-be-negotiated) price could be worth it.
89 SN
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6567&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">7
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2014 at 2:52pm
The 93' sure looks great except that cover and all those snaps
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2014 at 2:53pm
Back to the $3800 boat....I looked at a chair at the same upholstery shop where that guy got his interior done.

IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2014 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Back to the $3800 boat....I looked at a chair at the same upholstery shop where that guy got his interior done.

Threadjack- approved.

WTF Larry? That thing has to be 10 ft tall
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2014 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

The 93' sure looks great except that cover and all those snaps

I didn't notice the snaps...ugh.
89 SN
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6567&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">7
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2014 at 5:27pm
The only place where the snaps look really offensive is on the transom there.

I got see that being a handy cockpit cover to have in certain situations. It's cool to have quick protection from pine needles/sap that you can install entirely from inside the boat.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2014 at 6:11pm
My old Sport had them on the transom and I remember them being (literally) a pain in the ass when trying to get your board on. However, mine weren't that low down on it.
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2014 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

The guy who owns the chair forgot his boot
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2014 at 11:51pm
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2014 at 9:17am
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

89' Sport Nautique - 130 Hours! - $12500

So is that a 90 sold in 89?
89 SN
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2014 at 9:47am
Most likely,serial number would confirm. The most interesting part is how you'd tow an 89 foot boat.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2014 at 11:33am
That integrated platform just ruins the look of that boat for me.   That's the one thing that CC did with those 1st gens that I never could understand.
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2014 at 1:02pm
No pics or details, but here's a 1966 Debonnaire in Michigan. Priced at $3600 without a motor or trans though...

Quote Rare, Correct Craft, Debonnaire 20'

On Good Trailer.

Boat Is Yellow.

No Motor Or Trans.

Needs Restoration, Boat Has Complete Hardware.

Don: 616-399-7130

- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2014 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Most likely,serial number would confirm. The most interesting part is how you'd tow an 89 foot boat.

Haha saw that too. Also, it's 2014 and you can take 1 or 147 pictures without a difference in price. Get one without your damn hand in the way!
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 251252253254255 442>
  Share Topic