NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

fall skiing

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
Author
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: fall skiing
    Posted: November-01-2007 at 11:42pm
Hollywood

Here are your pics. Sorry they are a couple days earlier then I wanted, but Jake went out west for the week end to go bird hunting. Dennis is working Saturday. So not sure if I am going to get a chance to ski this week end.

Quinner I hope you and the crew have a good time this week end.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2007 at 11:46pm
Jim: Where were the pics taken? 2 skis? What about that last barefoot run?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2007 at 11:49pm
Jbear we ski on Ford lake, about 10 miles SE of Ann Arbor. I am not done yet so the pic of the last barefoot run is yet to come. I had posted some pics on the learning to foot thread, from Sunday's footing trip.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2007 at 11:51pm
Seen them...you guys have really come a long way this summer. You get bored over the winter...call me or Eddie and come down for a few runs and a few cold ones.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2007 at 12:00am
I may have to take you up on that offer one of these days. I am getting grumpy about the idea of putting them away.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2007 at 12:04am
You should be...just watched the vid of the race...you'll sure miss that kinda stuff.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2007 at 12:07am
I just put them up for the night and I already miss them. Jbear thanks for the props on the footing. Everytime I get up it makes me happy I took the time off work to goto GL. I am looking foward to going back this coming summer and hopefully making it to a couple of the CCFan tour stops.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2007 at 12:14am
I have not been to GL but I quess I gotta make it this year. "C/CFAN tour stops"...great idea....bet we could interest ReidP...his place is awesome.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2007 at 12:18am
Well there are the major stops, Gl reunion, NE reunion, then in the fall there is Shelbyville. I hear there is talk of a spring time trip nothing official on that yet. Sounds like Reids place may be on the map again, from all the fun that the guy that went down there had. Maybe we can get t-shirts made once all the events are figured out. We can have check boxes put on them, you fill in each box for each event you made it to.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2007 at 12:28am
Sounds good to me. Me and mrs jbear have had a blast meeting people from this site. Gotta meet some more. Very cool to put a face to the name.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2007 at 10:59am
James you are an animal. Lots of frost this morning, we are skiing tomorrow but I will be in the bag, no pun intended... Boat will need to go to the garage as the lows are getting below freezing for next week.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2007 at 5:44pm
Hollywood, hope you guys have good water tomorrow. Work canceled my Sunday so looks like I might be headed back to the lake.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2007 at 5:38pm
Quinner hope the skiing is good today, lets see some pics of the day when you get in.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2007 at 12:58am
Here's a pic of Hollywood and I on Saturday (11/3)

And here's the video- Sure, it's only a tandem run but it's a small lake with a good ripple on the water- nothing like that seemingly endless glass the boys out east get with Lost Lake or whatever:

Footing 11/3/07 (about 5mb - be patient. Quicktime format)
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2007 at 3:30am
Nice...but what are them funny suits you are wearing for?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2007 at 2:51pm
Nice run fellas. What was the air/ water temp?
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2007 at 3:24pm
Brad,

Water was around 50deg surface temp, the Air was about the same, the water was cold enough to keep your feet pretty numb, no burn. Wind picked up pretty good so we only had decent conditions along two shore lines.
Overall a fun day, my boat came out when we wrapped up, in the garage now, may be it as the forcast looks pretty cold going forward, possible snow on Tuesday.
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2007 at 3:51pm
thats when the outty becomes an inny, the water has to be at least 70 degrees to even stick my toe's in....your crazy!!!!
"the things you own will start to own you"
Geno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2007 at 3:59pm
LMAO @ outty becomes an inny!!

No cold water for me either.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2007 at 4:08pm
Nice work guys and I'm sure a good time. I think its probably a safe bet that you get the north of the Mason-Dixon Line Fall Skiing award for this year. Ever notice how the sun shimmers on the water in the fall differently than any other time of year.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2007 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

thats when the outty becomes an inny,!!!!

I think that's what the Boat Doc said when he jumped into Green Lake!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2007 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Nice work guys and I'm sure a good time. I think its probably a safe bet that you get the north of the Mason-Dixon Line Fall Skiing award for this year. Ever notice how the sun shimmers on the water in the fall differently than any other time of year.

Larry, we're not done yet. The blocks are drained but not filled with A/F, and won't be until Thanksgiving.

I know what you mean on the sunlight, it's more horizonatal than vertical? Probably explained by some axis/orbit stuff.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2007 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

The blocks are drained but not filled with A/F, and won't be until Thanksgiving.

Mine is drained, filled, and with the threat (and reality of) 75 MPH winds this past weekend on the cape, now safely tucked into the garage for the winter, with the snowblower in front of it for easy access.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2007 at 6:09pm
Yeah what's with those funny suits, I went footing yesterday and this past thursday with just the regural wet suit. Your guys water must already be colder then mine.. Looks like you guys had fun, sorry you didn't get good water. I got to catch four runs on glass yesterday afternoon about 4pm.

75 I wouldn't go giving that award out yet, I didn't see any swim suits and life jackets. The season is not over for all of us north of the mason-dixin line.
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2007 at 6:29pm
I just got an invite to the local Nautique dealer's polar bear ski here in Michigan. The date is Saturday, Dec. 1st. I can remember the other local polar bear ski (Malibu dealer) on the 1st Saturday of December, having to cancel because of Ice on the lake. If there is no ice, I'll be skiing.
Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2007 at 6:34pm
Tull was the invite from Silver Spray the CC dealer in Siver lake?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2007 at 7:25pm
Yes, but the invite came through the Silver Lake show ski team.
Are you interested? Let me know.
Steve
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2007 at 7:31pm
Tull, are they providing the tow boat or is B.Y.O.B, that's bring your own boat, but I will bring my own beer. Yeah I am interested. What time does it start?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2007 at 7:52pm
They supply everything, including coffee and hot chocolate. I emailed you the info.
These are usually a fundraiser of some sort. They ask for a nominal fee, usually $5-$10.
Steve
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2007 at 7:56pm
Thanks Tull.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
  Share Topic