Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Put her away today

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
farmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Put her away today
    Posted: October-30-2007 at 10:47pm
Had to winterize my boat today. I was waiting for a prop to come back from Delta before I had to leave for a little vacation but no dice.It's getting below freezing in Conn. at night and I didn't want to chance it for another week.So I moved the project boat back into the workshop now that I'll have a little spare time again. I don't know how you guys do it when there is no official "off season". I'd be hard pressed to find the time to work on my projects when the weather is warm most of the year.   Farmer
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2007 at 11:31pm
yeah Gary, it's kinda sad to see em up on trailers,isn't it? We stretched it as long as we could, but caved in a week ago. The water gets too low this time of year. Erich, Angela, Cheney and I all took one last run each then we pulled the boats for the winter...
Get em in moth balls and get em in the barn now.

Best of luck with the project boat.
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2007 at 12:13am
   Same here. I must confess,my season got cut short early and I've been winterized for a month.Finally put her in storage on Sunday...Sad but true.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2007 at 12:18am
farmer...skied tonite with Backfoot...we just work our projects in somehow...so cool to never have to put the boat away.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Hansel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hansel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2007 at 1:46am
I watched the storage garage door slowly obscure that which won't be seen again for many moons tonight...

On the upside I guess this means that my daydreaming is about to pick up!
"The only prudence in fishermen is that designed to set the stage for taking yet another, and perhaps a longer, chance." -Aldo Leopold
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2007 at 2:31am
Looks like this weekend will be it for me, final run's I would guess then back on the trailer and in the garage, weekend highs of 55, brrrr, we will see who shows up Saturday, Hollywood, Joel, Johnny, ETAL? and who will challenge James for the November no wetsuit ski?
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2007 at 7:11am
You guys are lucky that you are in a position that you can extend you season for so long. (John, I don't even want to think about your ski season in the south!!) I have always put my boats to sleep for the winter on Labor day weekend. The wife and kids come home from their all summer up north vacation and it's back to school and work (my wife) for them. Being 300 miles away from the lake makes it hard to just run up there for a weekend!!

On the other side we do look forward to getting up there for Christmas and New Years for fun in the snow. I would find it funny to not have snow for Christmas. What does Santa do in the south? Wheels on his sleigh?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2007 at 10:58am
Pete,

I think they call it a Sleigh Nautique! Slap a beard on JBear and there you go!

Also enjoy the white winters and all that it entails along with the spring anticipation of the lake changing from ice to back to water for another season of skiing. Had a really great summer this year hoping next year will be even better!
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2007 at 11:14am
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Slap a beard on JBear and there you go!

Yes, both JB and myself have the white hair (we still have it RP!!) but I sure don't have the physique for it. I haven't seen any side shots of JB lately so I can't say if it would really work on him ether?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2007 at 1:07pm
Quinner, I am planning the no wetsuit run for saturday morning. I am not putting the Air away yet. Most likely going to winterize the BFN so I can take it down to Eric. Still some good skiing yet. Yesterday morning Jake and I got a couple good sets in, the lake was glass. NO pics though, wife wouldn't get out of bed at 7am to go. She mumble something about having to get up for work in a couple hours.
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2007 at 1:27pm
I'm going to hold out until the first week in December. As of right now, I've got a heated storage building (father-in-laws 12,000 sq ft warehouse that hopefully will not lease out until then, don't tell him I said that) that she is sitting in. I'm hoping the arm will be strong enough to make a couple of runs this year. I will let you guys know if this happens, if your interested in footing.
BTW, what is Eric doing to your BFN?
Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2007 at 1:57pm
It's a sad time of year for us northern folk. Six months without boating feels more like a year. The good news is that I enjoyed the hell out of this season. The nights after work skiing with Brad, Tim, Larry and Keith at Lost Lake. I meet a couple of great guys through the Three Seasons Ski Club and advanced my slalom game. Green Lake and meeting all of you guys. New England was a fantastic time with a lot of great people. My wife has a totally new outlook on why Correct Crafts are what they are and the faithful and passionate Correct Craft fans.

Ken
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2007 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

farmer...skied tonite with Backfoot...we just work our projects in somehow...so cool to never have to put the boat away.

john

John you and Eddie should be thankful everyday that so many of us live "up north". If we all came to live in Florida you'd have a heck of a time finding clean water for the footers.

btw, you ever seen someone footin' on a walker down there?
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2007 at 6:23pm
Tull
The was a glue issue with the carpet, so Eric is going to fix it. Apparently a bad bacth of it. Are you going to the polarbear ski that silver spray has? I am thinking about going this year. I have no plans of winterizing the Air until mid December unless it gets really cold in the next few weeks.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2007 at 10:25pm
Chuck: We are thankful every day. Never another boat on our "private" lake. No walkers either. But we are always open to visitors needing to escape the winter. CQ, you should bring the crew south after you get bored with all that winter "fun"...they would love to foot with Eddie.

Ken: Where have you been? To busy skiing in the evenings? Hope all is good with you and Patricia.

Pete, I never stand sideways in front of the mirror anymore. Makes me to sad, remembering my thin shape. Getting over 50 rearranged some of me.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2007 at 11:01am
Mine is all winterized, and I took it to storage this morning. Sad day.

Rob
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2007 at 1:45am
You poor guys are killin' me.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic