Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

trailer problems 07 206 LE

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
wsbpro1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsbpro1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: trailer problems 07 206 LE
    Posted: October-28-2007 at 1:54am
Has anyone been having problems loading / unloading on 2007 ez loader trailers. My problems started when both guide posts fell off, at separate times while trailering. good thing nobody was behind me. Reps at ez loader did send me the first replacement promptly, but when the other one fell off, I just replaced it myself to save time. When launching, the bow of the boat nosedives as soon as the stern starts to float. Never happened with my other one. Reps told me to add a guide wheel on the forward crossmember. No way. Just saw another ezloader of the same model at my boat dealer. The guide posts are bolted now instead of a 1 1/2" waterpipe threaded into a fitting. Also, seems they found the nosediving problem, there's now two short bunks added to prevent this. To bad I learned by having the bow hit the trailer and I had to have it repaired. Sent ez loader a e-mail and I am asking for a replacement. I'll see how they will address the problem. I can't believe Correct craft would support the use of these trailers with these problems.
wsbpro1@comcast.net
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2007 at 10:46am
Originally posted by wsbpro1 wsbpro1 wrote:

Reps told me to add a guide wheel on the forward crossmember. I can't believe Correct craft would support the use of these trailers with these problems.

On real steep ramps this can be a problem. It came up in another thread about the addition of winches. I think the guide wheel or forward set of bunks is actually a good idea because no matter what the angle of the ramp is, ether will help position the boat parallel to the trailer.

trailer winches

Does CC really endorse a trailer manufacturer? I've never heard of it! I think it is the dealer and whatever trailer he makes more money on. You have said you keep going back to EZ Loader but didn't you get it from a dealer? If so, What are they saying? Who set up the trailer for the boat?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2007 at 12:05pm
I do believe Pete is correct on CC not really having anything to do with what trailer is used under their boats, different dealers sell various trailers. I had an issue with my Eagle trailer for my 206, the dealer (Watercraft Sales) addressed it with Eagle then had me deal direct with Eagle, Eagle came to my home picked up the trailer and returned it a week or two later with all the necessary mods completed.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2007 at 12:16pm
CQ, Glad to hear that WC took care of it!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2007 at 12:18pm
Chris, you and Pete are correct on the trailer used by dealerships.
Ranger Bass boats build all there high end trailers for each model, fit and finish is superb.
Some dealers buy the cheapest and try to fit it to the boat,some do a good job and some ,well you get the picture.
there is an art to fitting a Fittall Trailer to a specific boat,time being the most important tool;...........
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2007 at 12:43pm
Pete,

WC was great, I am sure they had much to do with Eagles rapid response.

In my case the PP paddle wheel was setting right on the bunk, Eagle had no idea they had a design flaw and as a result addressed it. While they had the trailer appearantly there was also some issues with the particular axle it had so they changed that out as well and I also was not exactly thrilled with the color I had ordered so when they repainted it was Blue instead of Silver.

Everything worked out well.
wsbpro1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsbpro1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2007 at 2:28am
Well, here is my long awaited reply from (not so) EZ Loader.
Mr. Becker,
     We are continually making running changes to improve our aesthetics and processes on our products. Although design changes have been made to your particular model trailer over the course of the years, we do not consider the older models the be flawed. They were designed to the specification and desires of the boat manufacturers. Trailers, much like automobiles, are a work in process. Each year model will bring new features and options, we cannot replace trailers due to model changes. We have received no complaints on loading or unloading issues with your particular model. Admittedly we added the fourth cross member and extra bunks to assist with loading, but it was purely an feature upgrade, not response to a design flaw. The guide poles for the ski boat trailer have changed multiple times because of aesthetics and regulation changes.
      As I believe we discussed in our initial conversation, changes to the trailer that are not based on manufacturer defects are not warranty and will not be covered as such.

Sincerely,
Larry Barker
Warranty Supervisor
EZ Loader Custom Division

Long and Short of it.....I'm S___ out of luck. My next step is my dealer.
wsbpro1@comcast.net
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2007 at 9:54am
Scott,

Can you add some pictures to the story, curious to see exatly what the issue is.

Not a good situation on a brand new boat.
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2007 at 12:15pm
It's sad when customers have better engineering skills than the manufacturer.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
wsbpro1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsbpro1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2007 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by SNobsessed SNobsessed wrote:

It's sad when customers have better engineering skills than the manufacturer.
wsbpro1@comcast.net
wsbpro1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsbpro1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2007 at 11:16pm
sorry, no pics. and the boat is already in storage. Spoke with my dealer today, he explained that he will take care of the situation with ez loader.......
wsbpro1@comcast.net
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic