Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bow Docking Ligths on a 196 SNCB?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
JR_VIC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JR_VIC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bow Docking Ligths on a 196 SNCB?
    Posted: October-25-2007 at 4:24am
After 38 years I finally now live on the water and my boat is right behind the house on a lift. The wife and I have been out just one time at night and it was a little dark coming into the dock late at night. I know the larger Nautiques come with Bow Docking Lights and have contemplated installing them on my 196 SNCB 1992 model. Has anyone out there installed these Bow Docking Lights on any year model 196 and if so did you use the factory Correct Craft Bow lights off of another model or did you buy some of the stainless ones of off e-bay pictured here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MARINE-G ... enameZWDVW

How hard are they to install? My boat in idle naturally dips down in the front and I wonder if you have to somehow rotate the lights upward so they are just not pointing down at the water rendering them useless?

Thanks in advance
"That's not a Snow Cone that's my Ring!"
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2007 at 9:11am
J, This may not be the answer you are looking for and it will not help when you are docking at someone elses pier but this is what I did on my pier. We have a rule that prohibits lighting from the shore aiming out onto the lake (or pier). I installed low voltage flush deck lights around the perimeter. The bottom sides were cut out to light the underside of the pier and I added smoked lenses on the top original lense to reduce the light out the top. You can see my pier from quite a distance out in the lake and when close does allow you to see it very well including the lift. Since I live in a freezing climate, I used quick disconnect plugs on the wiring between all the pier sections for winter removal. The effect is impressive. It's like "neons" for your dock!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
2_Nautiques View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2_Nautiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2007 at 11:04am
Cheap solar garden lights will also work. I usually have one or two at the end of the dock so I can locate it at night.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2007 at 12:09pm
I also have lights on my dock. Mine are on a timer.

On board, I have found that an inexpensive spotlight from west marine, is more effective, and more versitile than the docking lights mounted on the boat.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic