NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Boat CCF family

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Boat CCF family
    Posted: October-06-2007 at 1:40pm
Well,

I went and looked at the 2000 air on ebay today. A python will be in the CCFan Family as of this thursday. I will get some pics up as soon as I get it home and cleaned up.

Thanks 79 and TRBenj for the info on it.
Munday View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Munday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2007 at 11:08am
Way to go James congrats

Munday
If the only tool you have is a hammer,everything starts to look like a nail.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2007 at 11:16am
James, sound great! We will all be waiting for your report!

You'll need to change your signature now to: "Really big big blocks only"

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2007 at 7:45pm
Pete,
I will have to keep that in mind. I wish the guy had not put it up for sale the week end he was leaving for Vegas. I would love to have it home already. Can't wait to line the BFN up against it and compare whole shots. Plus I really want to get pics of it all cleaned up, on the site.

It absolutely amazes me that people put things up for sale and do not bother to clean them.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2007 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by 87BFN owner 87BFN owner wrote:

It absolutely amazes me that people put things up for sale and do not bother to clean them.

They have been doing that for years in the Oldest Profession in the World!
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2007 at 11:48pm
Supply and demand drive free enterprise.....

Whores do it for cash.......

Housewives do it for a refrigerator.....

Guys do it for a new,old boat.....

Dogs do it for fun...........
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2007 at 12:41am
Boat Doc where do you come up with this stuff, I am laughing my butt off.

The inside of the boat isn't bad but I knew what I was looking at. For someone that was just looking at a boat for sale, it would have made a better impression if the interior was clean.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2007 at 10:31pm
Friday, is now the day that the boat is coming home, that day works out better for me and the soon to be previous owner.

Talked to the boat doc and he already is talking about putting hi-teks on the python. The thought has crossed my mind but it definitely will not be right away.

I only put about 130 hours roughly on my first python, this one has right about 380. How many hours would you guys that have had EFI's for sometime say you can put on before changing plug wires?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2007 at 12:34pm

How many hours would you guys that have had EFI's for sometime say you can put on before changing plug wires?

What does EFI have to do with plug wire life?
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2007 at 12:40pm
Tim, the ethanol in todays fuel tends to break down the inner walls of the plug wire.
Why do you think they refer to it as EFI?The fuel is injected down the plug wire.....
I can't beleive you were nor savvy to this,,,,
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2007 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

Why do you think they refer to it as EFI?The fuel is injected down the plug wire.

Don't you get better wire life with the high pressure rated wires?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2007 at 12:47pm
Pete , that is a good point, but as of now they are only available for Ford Reverse Rotation Engines, I have a set on my Stroker.
Thephantomkaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thephantomkaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2007 at 1:50pm
HaHaHa!
~Michael~
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2007 at 2:39pm
Michael, We haven't heard from you in awhile! What's going on with the Torino? How about a update.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2007 at 4:17pm
I thought most of the newer boats plug wires were made with the spiral core, which tends to last longer that the regular style wires. I asked about the EFI motors because they would be the newer style motors. That is all I ment by that comment. Next time I will be more descriptive in my question, and my reasons for asking a question.

From the warm fuzzy answers I recieved from my question I will assume you guys change the wires in the same time intervals.

By the way boat is home safe and sound as of 11 am this morning. I hope to have time to gets some pics this week end. Work schedule is busy busy. I had to pck the boat up and drop it off at home and then go straight to work.
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2007 at 6:53pm

I had to pck the boat up and drop it off at home and then go straight to work.

Should have read like this:

I had to call in sick to work, pick up the boat and a case of beer, drop it in the lake and go straight to work barefooting behind it.

Congrats on the new ride-
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2007 at 7:32pm
James
Today may be the longest workday of your life.
Lefty
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2007 at 7:50pm
Steve
I have been ready to go home since I got here.

Brad
I planned to take today off work, but one of the day shift guys beat me to it. So I was scheduled to come in ealry and cover the second half of the day shift.

It's killing me the clock just wont move..
Aemmer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aemmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2007 at 9:26pm
17 years ago I started working for a express freight delivery company. There has rarely been a morning at work where I didn't wish I had more time. The clock flies. When it absolutely positively has to be there or the customer is upset..... 1030 comes pretty fast.
88 2001
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2007 at 12:41pm
Well , here are a couple quick pics of the boat at home. It was very sunny and hard to get a good pic of the boat due to where it was sitting and I did not have very much time before I had to leave for work. I will get better pics soon.

tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2007 at 3:31pm
What's wrong, is the front end smashed up?
So far, looks great.
Lefty
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2007 at 7:28pm
No nothingwrong with the boat. The time of day and the angle of the sun was playing hell on the camera. I will get some better pics up soon. Jake had the first foot run with it on saturday monrning. Right after his run the wind kicked up something fierce. It was already choppy to begin with, so I chose a nice ski ride.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2007 at 7:39pm
Question, the previous owner had this boat on a covered hoist. Some rust had flaked off the cable of the hoist onto the bow around both lifting rings. Any ideas as to what might take it off, with out harming the gel? I scrubbed on it with a sponge at the lake saturday, but didn't seem to phase it.
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2007 at 2:55pm
i think ive got a semi after looking at that motor...

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2007 at 3:07pm

Question, the previous owner had this boat on a covered hoist. Some rust had flaked off the cable of the hoist onto the bow around both lifting rings. Any ideas as to what might take it off, with out harming the gel? I scrubbed on it with a sponge at the lake saturday, but didn't seem to phase it.

intralux fiberglass stain remover

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2007 at 6:42pm
Thanks Pete, I will order some and give it a try.
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2007 at 9:31pm
how is that considered an "Air" though? there's no tower...

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2007 at 9:49pm
The tower was an option on both the sport and air, but the boat does have the ballast tanks. The Sport/Air were one in the same, just different decals. When I ordered my 2001 originally I had them put an Air decal on the side of the hull, but sport on the tail. I wanted to make sure no one would have a boat like mine. You are correct most people that bought air's I believe ordered them with towers.

The previous owner used this boat for their ski team. He told me they did not have any wakeboarders on their team until the last year. That is why he didn't order the twoer when he bought it.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2007 at 12:01am
James,

Your new boat looks awesome, hope to get a chance to ski behind that thing sometime.
Are you thinking about adding a tower?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2007 at 12:35am
A tower will be added in the future just not sure how soon. I have some things I still want to have done on the BFN. So I have to decide where the project money goes when I have. When I get one I will either stick with a factory tower or a replica of the factory tower.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic