Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi-Tek Group Buy!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
MarineSRT8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarineSRT8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi-Tek Group Buy!!!!!
    Posted: September-03-2007 at 1:36am
I have been in contact with Doc over the past few weeks about getting a set of Hi-Teks and he said the best way to go about it is to do a group buy. So with that being said is there anyone out there who wants to get in on the group buy. He needs at least four more besides me........?
"Some people go an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. Marines don't have that problem"

-Pres. Ronald Reagan-

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2007 at 10:30am
i think you late to the party...i know they just had one a few months ago...
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2007 at 1:11pm
hes talking about a new one I suspect
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarineSRT8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2007 at 2:26pm
I am if anyone is interested
"Some people go an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. Marines don't have that problem"

-Pres. Ronald Reagan-

87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2007 at 12:43am
MarineSRT8

I wish you luck on the group buy, I think everyone that wanted hi-teks right now has them. But you never know, also Allen will be going into his summer months soon, not sure what kind of deal he will give.
jdkenyon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdkenyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2007 at 1:59pm
I am interested but it will have to wait until next year before I have the extra cash.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2007 at 7:21pm
need a blower group buy..go for the gusto!
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2007 at 1:09pm
Just a bump on the group buy as I saw another person request a price on the hiteks. I am leaning towards picking up a pair myself if a deal comes together now or in the spring. I figure if they don't work out for the 83 because of noise or valve cover interfearence they can always find a home in the 67.

-Joe.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
kelpomatic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelpomatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2007 at 1:14pm
any idea on the estimated cost for these gems?
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2007 at 1:16pm
depends on number in the buy, shipping costs and finish type (powder vs polished) but a rough estimate is 1300 to 1800.. the doc will be closer on it ...
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2007 at 1:23pm
Those that are interested need to give me an idea of finish, engine type, and riser size.Allen will be at the Miami Boat Show in Oct. S/S costs have risen out the roof, so the new prices will reflect the change.
The group buy will be the most cost effective foe all involved..........................boat dr
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2007 at 1:26pm
Joe, I have a set in stock to fit your stroker with the tall valve covers. They are a little wide for a stock 302 engine box.Will possibly fit great on a 351 ...boat dr
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2007 at 1:59pm
I like the set 87bfnowner got. Are those polished stainless?

Doc, I like to know high and low prices. What material and finish are they at their least and most expensive? Ballpark?

This would be easier after property tax and Christmas...
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelpomatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2007 at 2:29pm
i am interested in getting a quote for a set of high, non polished, (or the least expensive) for a 351w
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2007 at 2:35pm
Doc,
   Let me know the specifics and could you provide a picture of the mounting flange showing the bolt up location and port with a ruler in it. The heads on the 408 have relatively large, rectangular, and low ports in relation to stock ford heads his stock mntg flange design might not line up well, but I could tell with a good picture and a scale.
-Joe.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
jdkenyon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdkenyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2007 at 2:48pm
I am looking for the lowest cost option as well. This will be for the 351W
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2007 at 4:05pm
SBFord polished/2000.00 shipped to your door
SBFord Painted /1850.00 shipped to your door
above are 3.0 in. outlet /pcm clones...
BBChevy polished/2500.00 shipped to your door
BBChevy painted /2250.00 shipped to your door
Above are 3.5 in. outlet

These are for the PCM clones, slight mods are needed to bolt on,hoses, dipstick tube etc.
The Austalian dollar fluctuates with our dollar,once we have a confirmed order and money sent,we will not have a increase in purchase price,
Customs fee will be shared by all,got hung up last time and we had to eat the difference.
Shipments are randomly held ,some go right thru, some are held for ransom. go figure..........boat dr
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2007 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

SBFord polished/2000.00 shipped to your door
SBFord Painted /1850.00 shipped to your door
above are 3.0 in. outlet /pcm clones...

You may know this Doc, but I believe the HO 351w (ProBoss/GT40) had 3.5" risers.

Out of curiousity, is there any pricing difference between the 3" and 3.5" outlet?
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2007 at 6:11pm
Doc,
I know this is kind of a crazy question, but here it goes. At one point, I thought you mentioned that HiTeks can be made for any engine. What about my Gray Marine/AMC/Rambler 327?

They would have to be log style because of engine cover height restrictions.

Possible? Realistic?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2007 at 7:13pm
Raindog

The hi-teks can be made for any motor. Allen would need a pic of your set up. From personal experience if you can be with out one of your manifolds and risers, send them to Allen so he can make a jig and fab a set that fits just like the stock ones.
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2007 at 8:50pm
Steve the short of your question.
YES
NO
The cost would be ????? will find out tho, send me pics of the set up you have on you motor now and will send them to Allen..................boat dr
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2007 at 8:52pm
Joe, can you give me a part number on the manifold gasket you use with those trick heads,that will be easier on my end..............boat dr
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2007 at 1:07am
just a question for you guys....try to make this short..instead of putting 2 k into some manifolds, why not drop another 1k and get a blower or turbo ...seems like you guys want performance..well it doesnt get any better than a blower or turbo...?...

#2-these boats you guys have, do you guys plan on keeping them forever? seems like you would never get out what you got into them.

boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2007 at 3:06am
Rhyn, just an answer for you,You ain't got a f--kin' clue as to what happens in real life.
Some things are not for sale,not my kids not a lot of things in my life.Money is to used to buy things. If you are in this thing for the dollar return , you my boy need to find a new hobby. If by chance you are into this for the happiness and the satifaction of having a unique ride, into which you can throw tons of money and not worry about the receipts, or the scouls from your mate then you have found a home.
Either way you are with us and you feel my pain or you are apart from us and I feel sorry for you and your loss....boat dr
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2007 at 6:42pm
Boat doc

Easy, some just don't enjoy spending money on shiny boat parts that do have a function. I agree their are parts that will ad more performance for less money.

Ryan
It's all in what your looking for. I have them on my BFN. No one here is pushing these manifolds down anyones throughts. If more people want to buy let them. There have been enough posts about other HP bolt on for them to make an educated choice as to what to buy. Plus some people are not comfortable with mods other then direct bolt on replacements.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2007 at 9:07pm
billy- settle down....all i was trying to say is why not spend 1K more and actually get some PERFORMANCE out of it.from what you wrote, it seems like some of you guys like "souping" up the old boats...which is totally cool bill..just if myself was gonna pay 2K it better have a significant hp increase.from what i read the hi teks arent doing that..was curious to see why noone has thrown a blower or turbo on one..as far as money im sure i spend every bit, in reality im sure a lot more cheaddar on watersports..you like to dress up the engine, i like to dress up myself in the latest wake/ski gear/ stereo gear..wasnt trying to diss the hi teks at all bill, just a question! .i will admitt i dont know half of what you guys know on here and learn by asking questions..again bill, im sorry you took this as in insult it seems..
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2007 at 9:12pm
In my case, I can't get replacement manifolds and I think mine might be shot. Old ones are hard to find in good shape. If mine can't be repaired, what else can I do?

It is not always about shiny bits and HP gains, but if I get some, all the better.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarineSRT8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2007 at 4:38am
Ryan the manifolds are for already high performance engines. you dont go out and put these on a brand new boat or one that has had nothing done to it. yes your right if your set up is mediocre to novice then no performance will be held to sound and "wow thats cool" from your buddies. But if your are building a serious motor then these are needed to let it breath like it should.

-Pres. Ronald Reagan-

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelpomatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2007 at 12:39pm
for me the draw is STAINLESS, as my boat is in the ocean, but i cannot justify the expense, so i will not buy them, they do have alot of bling!
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2007 at 2:14pm
I saw them on 87's BFN and figured, I need those on mine. But I think I need to figure out how to get some "easier" HP's first.

Ryan, my mechanic is chompin at the bit to install a blower on my engine. I don't know if this is feasible but I will find out.

Lefty
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic