NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shelbyville weekend

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 7>
Author
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2007 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Either
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Either

Originally posted by RainDog RainDog wrote:

Either

Originally posted by Johnny Johnny wrote:

Either's good for me too.

Weekend of the 8th is WAY better for me

Rob
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2007 at 8:22pm
So which of the 6 or 7 campgrounds did you guys stay in last year? I'd like to find something close by. There are several hotels and B&B's around there..

Thanks
Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2007 at 10:02pm
Either for us!
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2007 at 12:58am
I dont know how to use the quote section yet , but Wendy and I would prefer the 15 and 16 .
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2007 at 1:34am
Mojo, everyone stayed at Wolf Creek. They have an "outstanding" boat ramp there- just about the biggest boat ramp I've ever seen. We launched 3 boats simultaneously, with plenty of room. Campgrounds seemed very nice and I think everyone was happy with the place.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Gotwake View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gotwake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2007 at 11:45am

Either

Either

Either

Originally posted by m3fan m3fan wrote:

"Neither" and/or Possibly the later date.

Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

Sept 15 is out for me, but the weekend before might be doable??

Originally posted by rleinen79 rleinen79 wrote:

Weekend of the 8th is WAY better for me - Rob

Originally posted by Stang72 Stang72 wrote:

Either for us!

Originally posted by P/Allen P/Allen wrote:

Wendy and I would prefer the 15 and 16.

Originally posted by Gotwake Gotwake wrote:

Cannot make the 15-16 (Surf Expo) Can do 8-9

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2007 at 12:13pm
Ken! Another land heard from!
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

Gotwake View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gotwake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2007 at 12:24pm
Yeah- Really busy summer (as usual) but still lurk in once in awhile - Especially if my favorite lake gets a mention!
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2007 at 12:31pm

Either

Either

Either

Originally posted by m3fan m3fan wrote:

"Neither" and/or Possibly the later date.

Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

Sept 15 is out for me, but the weekend before might be doable??

Originally posted by rleinen79 rleinen79 wrote:

Weekend of the 8th is WAY better for me - Rob

Originally posted by Stang72 Stang72 wrote:

Either for us!

Originally posted by P/Allen P/Allen wrote:

Wendy and I would prefer the 15 and 16.

Originally posted by Gotwake Gotwake wrote:

Cannot make the 15-16 (Surf Expo) Can do 8-9

Originally posted by Quinner Quinner wrote:

8-9 is best but either should work

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2007 at 1:23pm
Looks like we should set it at the 8-9 then. Hope all who are questionable with that weekend have the opportunity to adjust their schedules and no one gets left out.

That's about the extent of my planning, we'll show up sometime friday and set up camp probably in the same location as last year. We'll try to grab as many spots in one area as we can but we certainly had our pick of the park last year.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2007 at 9:31pm

Kevin,

Now as for Reids in August, please keep me up to date as I have this urge to head that way. I don't know how I'd pull that off but I'm going to work on it. You guys flying, driving, pulling a boat?

I wasn't following this thread as I figured it was too far too soon again for us. But Alan, you SHOULD cruise on down to NC in the Bounder, as we've got full hook-ups for you right there on the property. And you wouldn't need a boat as Nautique John has us covered with two 196s and several really nice BFNs. If you could pull it off............   
ReidP
1973 Mustang

reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2007 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by stang72 stang72 wrote:

Does not matter when....I'm down man!
Reid...look at the map...if you go to GL during that time and trail your boat home you can go right down through central Illinois...6 hours from GL...and I think 12-13 hrs to your pad!

Gary, such a great idea and I was almost there but unfortunately the Sept 8th weekend won't work as the Antique and Classic boat show is here then. I was set to go.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2007 at 10:23pm
Reid...when are you going back to GL?
stang

The Super Air

reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2007 at 11:01pm
Gary, our return trip is still up in the air, but we were looking at late August originally, and possibly one trip for a weekend of fun, and then another a little later to hit it once more and then bring it back. I could spend a whole summer in that place and yet I still didn't see it all yet. I'll be sure and follow up.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2007 at 1:51am
Yet us know when you trail it back....I don't think you would add much more than an hour to you trip home if you came though central Illinois....a stop at lake Shelbyville might be a good stop over point...perhaps a few of us nearby and anyone who missed thed first one could see you there! That lake is at it's best in the fall...all 26 miles of it! A mini mini reunion???

GL to shelbyville is going to be about 6.5 hours. 11.5 hours from there to Mooresville.

Anyway...it's good having options !
stang

The Super Air

reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2007 at 10:40am
Gary, Looks like a plan to me. If I can get one visit back to GL prior to the return, then on the return trip we can just fly in, hook up and go straight down to Shelbyville. Is the lake iced over by late August?
ReidP
1973 Mustang

stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2007 at 11:55am
The entire month of Sept is very nice boating weather...water temp is warm enough for the Boat Doc!By mid Oct it starts to get chilly.

The poop on Shelbyville...weekend traffic is high with all the large boats out(roller city)early A.M. is ok...week days calm. The last big outing for most boaters there is...Labor day.After that ....it's like everyone is done for the season...and things are quiet.

stang

The Super Air

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2007 at 12:05pm
Stang,
Is there a hotel or B&B that's close to the campground you stay? Other than that Eagle Creek joint??

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2007 at 12:11pm
stang, I resemble that remark,sorry if the old man can't hang with the younger crowd.
Body will slowly adapt to its surrounding,be it up or down.
Wish the boat nurse and I could make another week end with the crew, but out of the question.Everyone have a safe trip, and lottsa fun.............boat dr/ boat nurse
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2007 at 11:38pm
Doc...it really is that warm here...you would feel at home! And we don't talk funny here either!

Dave...I believe Eagle creek is the best option...I will check and see though.
stang

The Super Air

reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2007 at 12:55am
Gary, If we take this route, can we get a spot at that campground as well I guess? If we can do this trip, which I wholeheartedly plan to do, we'll be flying blind w/o normal planning so we'll need your input. Thanks.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2007 at 2:07am
Dave, Eagle Creek isn't that bad. It's just not great. It's about a 5/10 if you ask me. It was probably spectacular when it first opened. The service is bad, the food is bad, and the place could be kept up better but it's not horrible. Certainly tolerable for a 2 night stay, without a doubt. If it's the only place, then I'd say do it. It's about a 10 minute drive from Wolf Creek and probably a 5 mile boat ride or so. Again, top notch docking system. The docks there probably cost millions of dollars- they are designed to float up at least 20 feet higher if need be, which is pretty neat.
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2007 at 3:10am
Reid...much of that depends when you are traveling! If after labor day...things are quiet and camping spots are drive in and pick one. Mid to lat Sept ...trees are turning colors!
I don't spend much time there until fall...so I am not sure about late Aug. I do know the lake is busy then. I can surely find out for you...as for us, we are in Minn for a couple weeks in Aug back by the 25th or 26th.After that we have nothing scheduled for weeks!
If you have some dates you think you will be traveling...run them by me and I can get info together and make sure camping spots are available!
We have several members within a couple hrs of the lake or closer...should be able to have a small group and a few boats! Brian and Deb are my nieghbors...it takes no arm twisting to get them out for a day or two on the lake!
Anyway....we would love to host things for you here!
stang

The Super Air

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2007 at 3:17am
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

The docks there probably cost millions of dollars- they are designed to float up at least 20 feet higher if need be, which is pretty neat.

The last time I was on Shelbyville which was over 15yrs ago, the water was so high we launched our boats in the turnaround at the top of the hill from the launch ramp because that's how high the water was, at least 20ft above normal.

Dave,

It's a bit of a drive, about 20mi IIRC, but right at the exit off I65 there is a Holidome, or at least there was when we use to go down there, that is where we always stayed.

67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2007 at 7:23pm
8th and 9th i could probably do......but not following weekend.

What about lodging?

How many are bringing there boats?

6 hours.....not a bad drive!

Paul,
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2007 at 10:55pm
Paul...man that woulld be cool if you can make it.

Camping or Eagle Creek lodge.

Boats...there will be plenty if you don't wish to tow yours!
stang

The Super Air

BlondieGurl1443 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlondieGurl1443 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2007 at 2:55am

Flying, to maximize time at the NC gangbang. Friday night August 3rd ~7pm chicago-charlotte, flying back Monday, August 6th ~9am. We want to maximize our time at the Pinkham swingers party

I was going to put on my trimmed down handle floats on my ankle straps. That should keep me up. I'm all about the old equipment, I am constantly pulling my stuff out to   show the team, Last week I even learned how to make it feel real good.

sounds like you guys are going to have a real goooood time!!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2007 at 12:52pm
Another doozie, thanks blondie!
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2007 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

I wasn't following this thread as I figured it was too far too soon again for us. But Alan, you SHOULD cruise on down to NC in the Bounder, as we've got full hook-ups for you right there on the property. And you wouldn't need a boat as Nautique John has us covered with two 196s and several really nice BFNs. If you could pull it off............   

Reid, I was holding off replying to your post because up until this morning I was still in the running to make it out there. I've taken 3 long weekends in a row with the kids and I'm so far behind at work it'll be a miracle if I could get away again.   I put my daughter on a plane back home this morning so it's time for me to get serious at work. I do appreciate the offer though and will take you up on it in the future.

I even map quested the trip last night, Big Rock to NC 843 miles, NC to Boston to to pick up my son,863 miles, Boston to maine for the reunion 150 miles, back to Boston and then home another 1160 miles. If I could have put 10 days together I could have made it work.
weitekampt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2007 at 4:37pm
Renee and I are in. I think either of the weekends will work out. If we have something going on one day we will make it the next. No problem! We will surely have our boat there too. I would prefer the 8-9th.

We get a kick out of the camping comments. I guess everytime I camped as a kid it rained or the tent was set up over a rock pile. So when we got our camping gear, we decided to get all the goodies and make it enjoyable which it really is. I liked the campground we were at last year. We had tornado warnings and rain, but the trees were so thick that we hardly had wind and never got "wet".

I agree that Eagle Creek is not a 4 star hotel. I have stayed there for business and it is comperable to a super 8. I think you pay for the other features like a nice bar and restaurant. I know I am potched and tired when i get off the water so I really don't care what the rest of the room is like. Crapper and a bed are the essentials.

There is a hotel in Shelbyville if I remember right, but other than Eagle Creek and this possible one in Shelbyville, you have to drive 30+ miles to get a hotel. Gary will have to chime in on this one. He is closer. I never go to Shelbyville. I am either going to Mill Creek which is AWESOME or Clinton which is toasty warm water and calm.

Long story short, put us down Alan!
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 7>
  Share Topic