Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Correct Craft info

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Shane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Correct Craft info
    Posted: July-13-2007 at 2:22pm
I have recently stumbled upon this site and was wondering if anyone could help me. I have a 1974 Ski Nautique. When I bought the boat 8 years ago the salesman told me it was a Rainbow Nautique. It has the Ski Nautique script on the side but it is multi colored in yellow blue red and green. I have tried to do some research on it and have been unsuccessful. I was wondering if anyone has heard of it and if anyone would have any info?
I can attach some photo's later.
Thanks in advance for the help
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2007 at 2:39pm
Maybe it came from up in Provincetown, not that there's anything wrong with that. ;)
1978 Nautique

FBook - www.facebook.com/charliedontsurfct
82tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2007 at 2:56pm
^^LOL!
Life is Good.
Kevin's '79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin's '79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2007 at 3:23pm
Shane,

I saw a Ski Nautique like the one you described close to Birmingham, AL approx. 20 yrs ago. I had a '74 Ski Nautique at the time my self. After seeing the boat I was talking to Bruce at Mid West Correct Craft and told him what I'd seen and he too called the boat a Rainbow Nautique. I thought the boat was really cool. I would really like to see some pictures.

Kevin
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2007 at 9:04pm
we want pics!
Shane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2007 at 12:00pm

Here are a couple of pics. Sorry it took so long I had to learn how to use photot bucket.
6strings View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6strings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2007 at 12:17pm
Cool! I've never seen one. Nice boat Shane... welcome to the group! That boat would be a real interest at Green Lake this weekend.
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2007 at 1:44pm
Wow, that one is different, I have never seen one like that.
You should talk with Jeff Warner at the factory in Orlando he should be able to pull up information on the boat based on the hull id #. You have a very rare boat.

Mike

ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2007 at 8:21pm
That is one cool boat.Never seen one like it before.Curious on the colors.I have seen a Red,Blue, and Yellow solid scheme from that era but has anyone ever seen the Green in that color scheme on one ?
hasbeenskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2007 at 8:33pm
Back in 1981 I knew a guy in Saint Petersburg, FL. that had a 1979 Rainbow Nautique. It was only one I ever saw.
hasbeenskier
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2007 at 2:33am
Awesome boat and welcome!
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2007 at 2:59am
I see Correct Craft on the back is the same colors, different order.
Tim D
ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2007 at 3:06am
Tim look at the order of color.It is just starting where the yellow left off.Same order but it uses the last color on the side to continue off of.Very cool.Funny thing is the stripe on the back does not change with the script like the side.This would be very difficult to copy.
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2007 at 4:25pm
I bet you could get some one with a very good computer program to copy it, bet it will not be cheap though.

Nice boat though, it hase the same chrome windshield frame as Alan's 81.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2007 at 5:19pm
That is a cool boat, never new CC did any that way.

Back in 1989 when we repainted the letttering and stripes on my 77' SN I did a very similar paint scheme using various shades of blue, purchased the mask from Midwest CC.
ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2007 at 1:47am
Well I stand corrected.A GREEN one just appeared in the for sale section.First one I have EVER seen in GREEN.And is is NIIICE !!
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2007 at 2:02am
Now thats cool, I wonder how maney they made?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic