Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shaft Strut Install

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
lumiecraft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lumiecraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shaft Strut Install
    Posted: June-20-2007 at 11:43am
I am going to put on my shaft strut today. Should I remove the shaft from the engine first or install the strut and then check the alignment after it's installed. The shaft is not bent and the replacement strut is an exact replacement as far as position.

A quick postition looks like all is well as far as being straight and in alignment but I know from the how to on alignment that it could be out and just a tad that is hardly visible.

My thinking is to install the strut then unhook the shaft and check alignment. Could be wrong.
If you don't get it, be patient, you will.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2007 at 12:11pm
I would loosen the bolts on the coupling as well as pulling the stuffing box forward and then use the shaft as a guide. When you start clamping down on the mounting bolts for the new strut is when you want to make sure that it's not pulling in any direction. You will need to re align the engine. The Boat-life takes several days to cure.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
9360SAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9360SAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2007 at 1:38pm
if you don't need to replace the shaft,try to replce the strut w/out take out the shaft,it will diminish your gob greatly, I'm curious you only change the strut, the shaft is ok?
Go on wakeboard
lumiecraft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lumiecraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2007 at 4:34pm
Shaft is fine and I don't intend to remove the shaft but to uncouple it from the engine for re-alignment.
If you don't get it, be patient, you will.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic