Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Trailer for 1968 Barracuda

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
barr68 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barr68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trailer for 1968 Barracuda
    Posted: June-04-2007 at 1:02pm
I would like to replace the ragged trailer that my Barracuda is on now. Anyone have any suggestion on where I can find a good used one that would fit or who sells a reasonably priced new one? Any suggestion are apprieciated. I am in Northern Virginia but a road trip for the right trailer is not out of the question.Thanks ,Jim B.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2007 at 1:24pm
68, What is your present trailer? Is it a CC? maybe you should do a restoration on it. It is one of the simpler projects and with the help of a local sandblaster there isn't much to it. It would cost less too.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
barr68 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barr68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2007 at 1:36pm
Unfortunatly the trailer is a old modified /homemade job which has a 2200 lb axle and tires that are rated for 1350lbs. Not only is it not really worth restoring, the axle and tires are under sized for the boat/trailer weight . I thought of possibly of upgrading the axle(3500lbs),hubs ,and tires...... but then I still have a basicly crap trailer. Thanks,Jim B.
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2007 at 8:20pm
I've said this on previous posts, but I love my Trailmaster trailer. I've said before, a base single axle was less than $1800 if I recall. Not an original, by any stretch, but definitely better than what you have now.

Rob
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic