NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dale Jr.??

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dale Jr.??
    Posted: May-10-2007 at 8:12pm
Ok Nascar fans. Where do you think Dale Jr will end up now that he's parting company with DEI?

Will he go to Hendricks and become a teammate of one of his fathers rivals?

Maybe a new teammate for Tony Stewart?

Could he end up driving a.....FORD? That would be blasphemy.

Maybe his own JR Motorsports moves to cup, I hope not. Owner drivers don't make it any more. Ask Michael

How about RCR? Think Richard would ever put JR in the #3? That would be a thrill to see a black #3 on the track again.

You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2007 at 8:22pm
well he said he would stay with chevy.

and i heard last week that he was saying that his father & Gordon really weren't as bitter of rivals as his fans make it out to be. More like just his fans not liking him, not so much Sr. himself.

Personally im a Hendrick(Gordon) fan so i think it'd be cool to see him with them, & watch his & his fathers heads basically explode, hahaha

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2007 at 9:15pm
I see a ford team trying to pick him up next year.. I believe he will finish this year with a chevy team. Depending on which team he goes with, will determine if he looks for a new team next year...
Root View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Root Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2007 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by 87BFN owner 87BFN owner wrote:

I see a ford team trying to pick him up next year..

RANK MAKE POINTS BEHIND WINS
1 Chevrolet 87 Leader 9
2 Ford 57 -30 1
3 Dodge 46 -41 0
4 Toyota 30 -57 0

87BNF I can see why ford would want Jr. cause ford only has 1 win...
Im not a big Jr. fan, but im shure he love's winning and Chevy has 9 wins this year.

Im thinking 81nautique is close by saying he will go with RCR in the black #3 That WOULD be somthing to see..
RootRacing
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2007 at 8:28am
Originally posted by 87BFN owner 87BFN owner wrote:

I believe he will finish this year with a chevy team. Depending on which team he goes with, will determine if he looks for a new team next year...

I heard he's finishing the year with DEI. I'd be blown away/nauseous if he gets behind the wheel of a FORD.

I can definitely see him and Tony on the same team, that would be something.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2007 at 8:52am
To me he needs to be

1. in a Chevy,
2. in a Chevy that can win
3. on a Chevy team that can provide some drafting help at restrictor plate races.

Nate, Although I don't dislike Hendricks I'm not a fan either. I'd hate to see him go there simply because the rivalries are good for the sport. Besides how would the Earnhartt fans justify throwing beer cans at Gordon when he wins if they're teammates.    

Dale sr. and Gordon were actually good friends and business partners off the track but come sunday it was racing, I think there was a certain amount of respect on each side. They had the Racing for kids magazine and several real estate/business deals together, I think Dale just loved messing with him, right down to the glass of milk toast at the awards banquet. Reminicsing(sp) a little but I miss that attitude today.
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2007 at 10:20am
RCR - Pleaseeeee! #3 Forever
Or Teressa comes to her senses! (What the heck is she thinking? )
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2007 at 11:43am
I ran into Jr at the car wash yesterday and he said the only Ford he's ever had a desire to drive was my boat, if I'd just give him a chance, and that he just wished the Fords at the track were as dominant as they were in the speed boat world. I share his sentiments.

You can't walk into any business anywhere here right now and not hear conversations about this. Alan, you pretty much summed it up like this morning's Charlotte Observer. It was on the front page of the paper, and the headline on both the business section, and of course the sport's section.

Root, not sure I'd buy into your reasoning in this particular case. I'm confident that even if Ford had won every single race this year that they couldn't lure Jr, as brand loyalty and family tradition are what's behind him, and I whole-heartedly respect that. Mark Martin and esp Bill Elliot before him surprisingly looked to the dollar combined with a lower pressure scenario when making near-legenday changes.

Hollywood, I've lost all respect for you with that Ford comment, but concur with you on that Tony scenario. I'm a fan of both and what a pair they'd make.....          

I made up that part about the car wash.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2007 at 11:59am
Reid, I could see him driving your "BUD Nautique"

Look I told you guys, just cause it says bud ON the boat doesn't mean it's got bud IN the boat, you crazy, mutant... Correct Craft guys.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2007 at 12:41pm
Don't know a whole lot about the situation but it makes one wonder what Step Ma is thinking, if it is money I would think bringing in Jr in the long run would be more lucrative??

Hollywood, it could be worse, he could end up in a Toyota! Man do I love seeing those jap cars getting it handed to them by the good old boy's!!

Reid, didn't even know they had Fords in Nascar, probably cause I usually only pay attention to the leaders!!

PS, Jr and Gordon are my favorite drivers.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2007 at 1:42pm
Quinner, I've lost all respect for ..........

That was low, but amusing. I'm with you on the DEI StepMom and how she's being way short-sighted.

Your boat sort of explains your driver loyalty:

Rumors are swarming about an RCR anouncement........
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2007 at 3:03pm
reid... you sure are a whiz with that photoshop, it looks so real, next boat i get i'm gonna have you do the mockup for it on the computer with different graphics...hold the rainbow though....

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

scottb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2007 at 3:14pm
Jr would do well with any of those teams. I hope he doesn't run the #3 car, because there are already too many comparisons for him to live up to. He needs to make his own name. I would be happy if DEI gave up the rights to the #8 and he kept that number, but I don't see DEI being that generous ... they have already proved that.

Reid, why did you have to say you were making up that part about meeting him at the car wash. That was the best part of the story. I have heard Jr is a very approachable person.
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2007 at 8:42am
RCR & a black #8!
(Can't ya just see the new black Bud cans Marketing, Marketing, Marketing!)
I'm sure his old buddy Mikie would love to have him drive one of his toys - not.
Please, Please not Hendricks and anywheres near those limp-wristed rainbow boys.
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2007 at 12:58pm
Well That just ruined my day!
Jr to Hendricks
Root View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Root Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2007 at 1:14pm
Picture this,   Dale Jr. pushing Gordon for the win at Talladega.   How do you think those Rednecks are gona handle that!!!!

Hey with them teaming up, it might stop the can throwing at Gordon,    But I really dont think so...

RootRacing
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2007 at 1:20pm
HAHAHA I WAS RIGHT!!... so now next year, if Gordon & Johnson are outta contention, i might even pull for Earnhardt..might Awesome, that's gonna be a kickass team!!

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2007 at 4:34pm
I will vote for dale but never the other two p*ssies gordan and johnson, they both wine to much.

I have always like both Dale Sr and Jr just never liked the fact they drove chevys. Good drivers just could vote for them.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2007 at 5:13pm
I guess I can live with Jr at Hendricks as long as they get rid of the SHRUB.

He better get up on the wheel and start winning some races though cause there's no one to blame now but himself. He'll have the best of everything to go win a championship.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic