NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fired Up!

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fired Up!
    Posted: May-02-2007 at 11:08am
I picked up my boat from Correct Craft Monday night. They buffed and waxed it for me. Looks great. I replaced the rotor, cleaned the contacts in the distributor cap and replaced the coil. Third crank brought it to life. It idled great. I was concerned about the corn on the cob gas mix sitting over the winter, but the stablizer must have helped. The 540 goes on tomorrow for the lake run.

Nautique
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2007 at 11:49am
Looks good Ken! Watch out for floating logs and debris in the lake. With the high water, flooding and run off there is lots of debris floating in the lakes.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2007 at 12:57pm
Thanks, Brad. I appreciate the reminder. The lake level at Cochituate has been very high. I'll take a low speed run around the lake prior to opening it up.

I got the directions to your lake. I want to head up there soon and swing by your dock when you're around. Are there any underwater booby-traps I need to watch out for by the boat launch? I recall the area around the island.

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2007 at 1:00pm
Music to my ears!

Exhaust
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2007 at 1:15pm
Music indeed. I just put in on a continuous loop thru my computer as background music this afternoon. Thanks.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2007 at 1:50pm
Ahh- love that sound.
Ken- give me a call before you head up
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2007 at 5:03pm
Ken, I look forward to hear what you can tell about the 540, I'm specially interested in knowing about fuel consumption and load capacity.
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2007 at 6:57pm
Man, that dual exhaust sounds soooooo goood!!!!!!!!!!
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2007 at 10:31pm
Hey Ken, I'm so glad there is someone besides me that loves the sound of the engine enough to video tape it. I love that! I may put it to a continuous loop on my machine too. Yippee
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2007 at 1:30am
I swear I get the chills each time I see that boat and even more so now that I can hear it!

I am so glad it has gone to someone like you...so I can see it and hear it.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2007 at 9:35am
Not very much water flow going on there.
Tim D
66Skylark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66Skylark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2007 at 9:37am
Hi Ken,

Looks and sounds good!

Kyle
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2007 at 10:42am
Thanks, guys. What other boat looks and sounds this sweet?

John, you know my boat better than I do. I'm glad I found it an made the trek to Ohio. I'm sure you've had many foot-runs behind it. Maybe we'll get you behind it again someday.

Ken
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2007 at 10:59am
Ohhhhh Ahhhhh! The sweet sounds of spring.
Ken - NICE!
You're giving MM's sandbar pics a run for the favorite (Well, maybe not - but ya got 2nd place!)
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2007 at 11:05am
Ken,

Sounds and looks good. Looking forward to getting together with you in the not too distant future.

Pardon the minor/brief threadjack...

Kyle,

You said you could copy your engine manual for me. Could you do that, my brother was excited to hear there was one available. I will cover copy/shipping costs if you could do that for me. Send me an email or give me a call (larry@GSEENV.com or 508-367-4122)

Thanks, Larry
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2007 at 11:38am
Thanks, Larry. I'll be in touch with you real soon to get some skiing/footing done. I know you work on the Cape now, but we'll figure something out. Have your son come along as well.

I'll be in Mashpee and Sandwich in June visiting. Maybe we can give the Tique a whirl!

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2007 at 11:41am
Originally posted by NAUTI84 NAUTI84 wrote:

Ohhhhh Ahhhhh! The sweet sounds of spring.
Ken - NICE!
You're giving MM's sandbar pics a run for the favorite (Well, maybe not - but ya got 2nd place!)

What's the status on your boat, Scott? Any plans for running it this year? That hour meter is pretty rested up. Let's get you going, my friend.

Ken
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2007 at 11:55am
Ken,

Hopefully not the week of June 3 as I am out of town that week. Hey remember this picture. Taken in 1977. She lives in Framingham. I tried to reach her the day you and I hooked up, but couldnt find her. I got in touch with her a couple months ago, says she lives about 5 minutes from your lake and she would be willing to give this a shot again. Pretty good for a 51 year old woman. We'll all have to get together again and see if she keeps her word.

66Skylark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66Skylark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2007 at 12:05pm
Hi Larry,

I haven't forgotten about you. I've emailed you about the manual.

Kyle
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2007 at 12:56pm
Ken,
I definetly want to get-er-wet this year.
(Trying to wrap up a couple projects on the Motor Home now, then hope to jump over to the Nautique.)

Although, I'm a real disappointed with the new NH boating rules. I love the NH lakes but, I'm not sure if it's worth going thru the hassel of becoming legal to boat up there now.
I guess I'll probably stick to Ma., RI. & Me.

We'll have to hook-up for some after-work runs this year.
Aren't you fairly close to Douglas Ma. (Wallum Lake)? That's one of my favorite after-work spots (NH-like water).
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2007 at 10:25pm
[QUOTE=Nautique2001] I'm sure you've had many foot-runs behind it. Maybe we'll get you behind it again someday.

You got no idea!

Only way I'll foot behind it is if you'll do a double run with me.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2007 at 10:31pm
well John if your going to do the double you better get your ass to GL
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2007 at 10:41pm
Finally; an answer from 79! Been trying to talk to you, in fact, just left a message on your cell phone not more than 10 minutes ago when I saw you on here.

Unfortunatly I am not gonna be at GL. Would love to meet some more of the guys but it is the same time as our Norris trip to see all our Ohio buds.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2007 at 8:56am
Chris, is that implying that YOU'LL be at GL? I still haven't seen your name on the sign up sheet and I need to know if you're gonna be there so I can gauge the number of engine mods I need to make prior. And you know I'm joking I hope.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2007 at 5:14pm
Larry,

Keep trying to touch base with your friend. We could meet at Cochituate again. You need to teach me how to do the deep water BF start. I did the deep water "BS" start last year with Brad and Tim. I think I found Nemo.

Scott,

I'm close to Webster Lake in Douglas. Lake Pearl in Wrentham is supposed to be nice too. I might check that out soon. I hope to see your boat in action!

Ken

NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2007 at 3:00pm
Hey Ken,
A guy I play hockey with has a mastercraft over on Lake Pearl.
He says SUPER busy lake & only Wrentham residents can use the lake.
Lake Pearl Rules
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2007 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by NAUTI84 NAUTI84 wrote:

Hey Ken,
A guy I play hockey with has a mastercraft over on Lake Pearl.
He says SUPER busy lake & only Wrentham residents can use the lake.
Lake Pearl Rules

That figures, you find a new lake and there's always a catch.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2007 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by Nautique2001 Nautique2001 wrote:

I did the deep water "BS" start last year with Brad and Tim. I think I found Nemo.

Ken,

When I was learning, I mowed the seaweed at the bottom of the river a few times myself. It was always particularly fun when your legs get flipped back over your head, the handle is impregnated into your thighs, you're diving like a nuclear sub, and your friends in the boat say "Keep accelerating...he'll pop back up as soon as he reaches barefoot speed"
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2007 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

"Keep accelerating...he'll pop back up as soon as he reaches barefoot speed"

Funny, I said the same thing to Brad when we were dragging Ken last fall. You learn pretty quick to arch your back!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic